Regret and the Close

July 10th was only a day away. You had sent a letter back to Potter telling him you'd love to make an appearance. Zem came back without a response so you assumed he had nothing to say. You sat up in your bed as the hot sunlight burned into your eyes. Footsteps creaked in the hall, "Y/n I have to go to Diagon alley for school supplies. You'll be alright, right?"

You jumped out of bed and made sure you at least had shorts on as you met Severus at your doorway, "Sev I'll be fine. I have every charm necessary. Oo can you maybe buy me some basic potion supplies. I'm pretty bored, the library wasn't enough." He smiled and kissed you on the cheek.

"Of course, I'll be back tonight. Maybe I can cook for you for once?" You shook your head slowly as you messed with his long hair twirling a few pieces between your fingers.

"Sev cooking gives me something to do. I'll make a surprise okay?" He kissed you on the lips before apparating away. You stretched as you looked over at your dresser not wanting to get dressed. Honestly without Severus with you, you had nothing to do. Molly was giving you a day off and you couldn't leave your house. You walked in the living room and plopped onto the couch and melted instantly. "Maybe I can write to McGonagall, no harm in that right?" You lifted both of your hands into the air and a piece of parchment and a quill flew into your hands. They stayed in the air as you dropped your hands and it began to write.

Dear McGonagall,

    I wanted to assure you I am alright. You have to know I was set up and had no control. I'll step away from that subject... If you've been to my vault then you'd have seen it's empty. Severus buys me food and supplies with my money. Only he knows where I live. I used the fidelius charm so neither the ministry nor Voldemort can find me. I hope you get some awesome first years, you're always excited to see who'll be put in Gryffindor.

    With love and worry, your troubled Hufflepuff

You rolled up the parchment and whistled for Zem who happily flew over. He quickly left without you getting up. You laid in the quiet enjoying it, "My life might seem bad but it's the happiest I've been."

Hours passed and you just laid on the couch with your eyes closed. CRACK! You shot up and looked out the window hoping to see Severus was back early. A cloaked figure walked up the stairs of your front porch and slowly jiggled the handle. You slowly backed up behind the couch, "Accio wand." Your wand was now securely in your hand pointing at the front door which was just blasted open. The dark tall figure slowly walked in and spotted you but only stood a few feet away doing nothing. "Get out! I don't know how you got in but you're not going to take me away!" The figure took a few steps forward and the couch went flying with a flick of his wand.

"Let's make this easy, I'd rather not hurt you." It was a man's voice, familiar too. He slowly took his hood off and Lucius Malfoy was revealed. Your eyes widened but you quickly sneered at him.

"Malfoy, you don't stand a bloody chance." He took a step forward and you backed up.

"You seem scared, I thought we were friends?" You raised your wand and sent a spell at him which he deflected. "You won't even use your favorite spells. You know the dark arts, the one you used on that boy." You shot a few more spells and he deflected once again. "Forgot it already? I'll show you." He aimed right at you and your whole body started to burn as you fell to the floor. "Learned to not scream huh?" The spell just worsened and you started to go numb.

"L-L-Lucius, y-yo-you're just making me st-stro-Stronger!" He stopped and you took this chance to throw him across the room with your wand. Your kitchen table snapped in half. "I liked that table...Well I'll see you around Malfoy." You turned and walked into the hall to disapparate. Another cloaked figure was standing in front of you, she however was not scared to hide her face.