VII - night one : the sun prince

Sino Almanza

Sino Almanza

༻✦༺

IF LILURA WERE A WOMAN BORN IN ANCIENT GREECE, SHE WOULD HAVE OVERSHADOWED  HELEN OF TROY'S BEAUTY AND CAUSED A BATTLE OF FAR GREATER DESTRUCTION THAN THE TROJAN WAR

Even now as a young woman in 14th century Europe, she was blessed by Aphodite's beauty, Athena's sharp intellect, Demeter's fertility, Artmesis' loyalty, Persephane's gentleness, Hestia's warmth, and Hera's power. She was a pristine amalgamation of the Greek goddesses, a  testament to the power and beauty of women in the past, present, and perhaps future.

Although Lilura was all this and more, she was not a goddess. She was not an angel like many of Mayera's subordinates believed. She was simply a girl with a keen understanding of the world and what it was made of. She was a girl with limitless ambition and astounding charm, but a girl nonetheless who was not infallible nor invincible.

She had flaws. She was childish, vengeful, mean, and did not think much about the consequences of her actions in the heat of the moment. She was loud and obvious and unladylike, three things Seamstress Rya regularly reprimanded her for. She was vain and sometimes spoke with a snobbish tone for she had been pampered and given compliments all her life.

And yet, there was something so alluring about her that made everyone fall in love. As Princess Lilura stood next to her family, she shone brighter than any one of them did. She seemed more nurturing than Prince Kierein, stronger than Princess Marcilla, and more respectful than King Dasan. The extravagance of her blue jeweled dress dimmed in comparison to her pearly-white smile. Unlike all the other women, Lilura was wearing an a-line-styled dress that puffed out only at the bottom. It gave her a faux mermaid's tale, and with the pearl clips attached to her waves of dark hair, she did indeed look like a playful and beguiling sea creature.

Seamstress Rya had certainly outdone herself. By the satisfied but small smile on the old woman's face, she was aware of this fact; Genevia Rya chuckled quietly to herself as young women around her gossiped about the Princess' dress and its innovative silhouette.