Chapter 12 - Summer Flight

Three boxes of chocolates -much to Mom's annoyance- and a box of Donuts welcomed me when I entered the kitchen with Haxsel

Three boxes of chocolates -much to Mom's annoyance- and a box of Donuts welcomed me when I entered the kitchen with Haxsel. Our parents sat at the dining table and greeted me as I entered.

"You have guests." Dad teased as I reached out for the donut box.

"No, they're friends of her." mom joked from the opposite seat of the table where I stood.

"That's because, one item was brought by the friend and another was by the guest." Haxsel said as he walked to the other side of the table and sat next to mom.

"What do you mean?" I inquired, taking my place next to dad. Something soft nuzzled my toes and I looked below the table to see Nicky, licking his plate. "Seems someone enjoyed his lunch more than anyone else." I chuckled at him and he looked up, waging his tail as if he saw me only now since I entered the kitchen. Of course, he was too busy licking his plate to notice me.

"He wouldn't stop giving eyes ever since he smelled the donuts." mom shook her head.

I smiled down at him and looked at my brother, "So, what were you saying?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's just that, the chocolates are from Charlie and donuts are from... Nott; you know, uh.. all your... favorite flavors are in it." Haxsel said, not pleased.

I swallowed, of course, I doubted the donuts might be from him since I told him donuts are my favorite, once when he asked me. I retreated the hand that reached out to pick one chocolate donut that caught my eyes when I was confirmed they've been brought by Nott.

"He asked for you," mom started, glancing briefly at dad before looking at me, "and we told him you were called to Grandpa's home urgently."

I nodded.

"Plans were ruined though." Haxsel pipped up, which made our parents' heads shot up to look at him.

"What?" dad and mom asked in unison.

"You asked her to arrive quickly, didn't you?" my brother asked our mom, "She was standing beside Charlie, next to his Car, when Nott and I walked out of the gate."

"Oh dear," mom said, with a hand on her heart.

"That's fine mom. Before I left to Grandpa's house earlier today morning, I prayed to God for His will to be done; and that's what happened. I think, God wanted me to get over it by facing it than running away. I feel so relieved now." I said and explained how I ran into Charlie.

Dad nodded when I was done with explanations, "Anyway, I'm glad our God helped you to deal with it. For now onwards, seek for His help and guidance in everything, okay sunshine?" he asked.

I nodded smilingly, "So, aren't we going out for shopping?" I asked, glancing at mom since she was the person who hurried me back to home.

"Only after having some donuts." Haxsel said and reached out for the box and pulled it towards his side. Nicky jumped up to his feet as Haxsel said it and came out of his hiding place, wagging his tail at Hax. "Alright, alright, just a sec Nicks." Haxsel chuckled and raised his hands up over the food to bless it.