Chapter 25 - Forgiveness

I saw my brother sprawled on the bed with his phone, when I came out of the bathroom

I saw my brother sprawled on the bed with his phone, when I came out of the bathroom. The room's door was just being closed when I glanced over it and saw a glimpse of my mom's back, exiting the room. I saw Haxsel look up from his phone, placed it aside, frowning as he saw my swollen red eyes, before opening his arms for me.

Without hesitating, I climbed up to the bed collapsed into my brother's embrace, burying my face on his shirt as he immediately wrapped me in his arms, resting his head over mine. “I'm so sorry, love.” he whispered softly, over my head.

I tilted my head from his chest, to look up at him, slightly surprised at his words. Did he talk with Benjamin?

“I'm sorry you had to go through this situation.” he said sadly. “I never thought my sister would end up like I did once; betrayed and heartbroken. I'm sorry you had to go through this.”

I shrugged sadly, praying I won't break down again. Even if I does, I wonder if there would be any tears left, since I was crying my eyes out in the bathroom. “I think it's me, who has broken Benjamin's heart now.” I said, barely above a whisper, as another lump formed in my throat, that was sore and dry from crying, and I reached out to the flask of water on the table near the bedpost.

“But he broke you first, broke your heart, broke your trust...”

I gulped down the water and set the flask aside, “I don't want to talk about it.” I said, burying my face to his chest again, “Can we skip to something else?”

“Oh okay.” my brother said understandingly. “Um... so, I was texting Jade.” he said after a few seconds.

“You were?” I asked, a bit surprised, “How is she?”

“Oh, she's good. Was just asking about you.” Haxsel said, stroking my hair.

I looked up at him, “You told her about me?” I asked, more surprised.

“Of course I did.” Haxsel said, surprised that why did I ask like that. “Actually, I told mostly all my Christan friends I have, asking them all to pray you.”

“Really?” my eyes lit up, and my heart seemed to become light as well.

“Of course,” my brother chuckled, “One of theirs mom called me all the way from Romania, assuring me that they'll keep you in their prayers.”

“Wait, I had no idea you have friends from Romania.” I asked, more surprised.

“Actually, my friend is here in the States but his family are in Romania, for their missionary work.” Haxsel said. “We met in Israel though, his name is Matt... hew– Matthew.”

Matthew Matthew?” I inquired, amused by how he was saying his friends name.

Haxsel chuckled, “No, no, it's just Matthew.” he said, “I was texting all of them yesterday, explaining how God healed you.”