Chapter Twenty Eight

I texted Trevor letting him know that Dad was still up and that I was about to hack the camera and quickly got to work. The computer Paige gave me took a moment to boot up, making me groan with impatience. I don't know why I was so anxious for Trevor to get her when I had literally just seen him. But I couldn't help it. That man had me wrapped around his finger and he knew it.

When the computer finally loaded, I went to the program I needed, found the camera, and paused the feed. I quickly sent Trevor a text letting him know it was safe before sighing with content. A few minutes later, I heard tapping at the window, causing me to smile. I rushed over to the window and opened it, allowing Trevor to climb into the room. However, as Trevor stepped into the threshold, his foot got hung up on the window sill and he tripped, tackling me into the ground with a loud thud.

"Christ," I quietly laughed.

"My bad," Trevor grunted as he slowly sat up.

"You're so loud."

"I'd say the same about you, but I can't." I quickly smacked Trevor on his chest. Trevor instantly laughed and leaned down and kissed me hungrily. "God, I fucking missed you," Trevor happily groaned.

"It's been less than a half hour," I giggled.

"I know, but you're just so goddamn beautiful." A gentle knock at the door instantly sent Trevor and I into a panic.

"Chels?" Dad called our. "You alright in there?" I quickly motioned Trevor to hide in my closet, which he did to the best of his ability, no thanks to the stashed rose bush. I quickly got up and walked over to the door and opened it.

"What?" I asked.

"I heard a noise, I was asking if you were alright."

"Oh, that," I tittered nervously. "Yeah, I accidentally lost my balance while trying to get the zipper on the back of the dress."

"Okay..."

"I'm fine, just ran into the dresser is all."

"Well, if you say so. I'm gonna head to bed. You sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded.

"Didn't drink too much?"

"We only had a couple partial glasses of wine, Dad. I'm fine, really. I just lost my balance."

"Okay. Well...Goodnight."

"Okay, goodnight." I shut the bedroom door and locked it. I listened to Dad's footsteps as he walked away from the door. Once he entered his room and shut the door behind him, I let out a sigh of relief. "That was close."

"Too close," Trevor grunted as he pushed his way out of the cramped closet and brushed a leaf off his shoulder. "Didn't you lock the door?"

"I normally do, I don't know how I forgot."

"You had your mind on bigger things...and I do mean bigger."

"You're gross."

"And yet you love me." Before I could respond, Trevor walked over to me and pressed his lips to mine. I instantly melted into him, allowing myself to give in to his touch. Trevor's hands left my sides and trailed down my thighs. I let out a quiet gasp as Trevor lifted me into his arms and pinned me against the door, causing me to instantly wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist for leverage.

Trevor's lips trailed down my jawline and to my neck. I raked my fingers through his hair and gently tugged when his kisses turned into gentle love bites, causing me to quietly groan in his ear. I knew exactly what Trevor was trying to do. I wanted to...but, for some reason, I just couldn't. Something just didn't feel right about it. "Trevor," I mumbled. "Trevor, stop."