How to Celebrate

Sean's POV

"(Y/N), can we change this song?" Lyla whined from my desk chair, "It's making me sleepy."

"No!" She demanded from next to me, resting her head on my shoulder. I look down at her, afraid to move because of how comfortable she looked leaning against my shoulder.

She told us she had a pretty messed up day at home, I was in the middle of inviting her over when she had already shown up at my doorstep, welcoming herself into my house. Of course I didn't mind. Especially because she had been sobbing out of her mind on my floor, and didn't let me touch her for like an hour. Shortly after, Lyla arrived too to help comfort her. She then warmed up and sat next to me on my bed, but she didn't tell us what was wrong.

We've all been sitting around in my room; Lyla at my desk and (Y/N) sitting right next to me on my bed, listening to a band called "Whatever, Dad" on my speaker to help (Y/N) calm down, since she was pretty upset and that was one of her favorite bands. Once again, I didn't mind.

Still afraid to move, Lyla whispered my name multiple times before I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sean!" She forcefully whispered, this time.

I looked at her, who was motioning towards (Y/N) on my shoulder.

She had fallen asleep. Seeing her so sad and pissed off earlier, to her peacefully resting on my shoulder sent a warm feeling down my spine.

I took it upon myself to lay down a little more and wrapped my arms around her. I felt her cuddle up to me a little more, which made me blush.

I heard the sound of a camera shutter.

"Shit."

"Lyla!!" I whisper shouted at her, seeing her phone pointed at me holding (Y/N) in my arms.

"Stupid ass ringer sound," She muttered, fiddling with the ringer on the side of her phone to turn it off, knowing that was what got her busted.

"Delete that right now, I swear to god-"

"Aww, you look like a tomato, Sean," She laughed, "Can we turn the music off now? I'm gonna fall asleep next."

"No, man," I started, "She'll probably wake up and bite my hand off."

"Do you know why she was so pissed off earlier?" Lyla asked.

"No idea, probably had something to do with her mom," I told her, looking back down at (Y/N).

My dad has been generous enough to let her come over whenever she wanted to escape her home if she needed to. He and Daniel love her.

I think I love her, but of course, I don't have the guts to tell her that yet.

I haven't even told her that I liked her yet. I keep denying it to Lyla, but I've always made it so obvious.

It was something about the one time we were totally wasted at a party, making out on a couch somewhere. I knew that I didn't just want that to be a one-time hook up, and ever since that happened, I've been wanting to do it again ever since, but I haven't gotten the chance to.