Kids (Part 2)

Sean's POV

I knew it.

I fucking knew that her mom had been hitting her — abusing her.

I've had my suspicions for a while, especially yesterday.

When she sat on my floor sobbing, and didn't let me touch her for an hour.

When she'd wince every time she sat down.

Or when she jumped every time I put my arm around her shoulder.

Or when I laid her down in my bed she immediately woke up and made a face like she was in pain.

As soon as my hand ran up her back, I knew she was expecting me to pull away and ask questions when I felt the scars, but it only made me want to never let go, just sit there and kiss her forever.

I wanted to show that I would always be there for her, since me saying it was never enough.

And I wanted to make sure she was physically okay.

So I decided to go ahead and check, because  running your hands around someone's waist or their back while kissing them is normal, right?

I was hoping not to feel anything though, that her really obvious signs that she was hurting was just my imagination, but it wasn't.

Her back felt like it was torn to shreds.

And that was the worst feeling that I've felt in a while.

Fuck, why didn't she tell me?

Maybe she was scared of what I would think?

Even with all of these thoughts, I knew she didn't tell me for a reason, so I didn't ask.

If she wants me to know the story of how the scars ended up on her back, she could tell me by herself.

I don't want to force her to talk about it if she wasn't comfortable.

I didn't want to take her back there.

I wanted her to stay with me in my room, so I could look after her and make sure she eats and takes care of herself... I didn't want her anywhere near somebody who physically hurt her like that.

"Sean..." I heard her call from her front door.

I quickly ran up to see what the problem was. It was a box, full of clothes, with "Don't come back" written on the front.

I looked at her.

Her expression was mixed, she looked glad she didn't have to see her mom, but she looked worried.

She noticed I looked worried too.

"Don't worry," She said, "She would've killed me if she saw this on my neck regardless." She pointed to the three hickeys I just gave her on the right side of her neck.

I blushed, remembering how I did that out of panic.

I knew she was losing her breath.