The Truth [AxeBen]

Thanks to RavenHeartsMcSwagger for the request!

Since I had no idea about this pairing, it was difficult to write but I managed to get there in the end. It's just a bit of fluff.

Sorry for the delay!

The blonde paced around the room as he rolled his sleeves up, thinking about the drummer in his band. He had so many pent up feelings about him and if he didn't do something about it, he would surely explode. He had to make his feelings known because they had been getting him down for some time.

He walked over to his keytar and picked it up, hoping to play something but he wasn't in the mood for composing. He looked to the far wall and saw a picture of the band hung up and he approached it as the smile on his lips broadened. His eyes went to Axel who was looking, to an ordinary person, normal with his skull t-shirt and infamous leather wrap bracelets around his wrists but to the blonde vocalist, he looked anything but.

Although Axel seemed to want to be anywhere but in a band photo, he still looked great. Everything to the way he stood and the way his hair fell across his eyes was perfect. He took Benatar's breath away.

The drummer of Your Favourite Martian walked in at that exact moment just as the vocalist was getting nostalgic and dewy-eyed.

“What are you staring at?” Axel snickered as he stared at inquisitively.

“N-Nothing.” The blonde stuttered as he was broken out of his reverie.

The dark haired boy stared momentarily at his band member and smiled briefly. He acted like they were sworn enemies but he knew that deep down, it was all a bravado. He knew that he felt something more.

Benatar sighed and turned around, picking up his guitar. He strummed a few chords, nodding his head along to the steady rhythm.

“Axel?” He halted as he realised what the other band member was doing. 

“What?” The dark haired boy growled as he held his drumsticks in his hand, lightly tapping the snare drum.

“I'm trying to concentrate here! Would you stop?” Benatar commanded as he looked up at his band mate.

“I would but that would make you happy so...no.” Axel smirked as he played the drums louder; the distinct beat of 'Alien' filled the air.

Ben glared at him as he put his guitar to one side and flopped onto the sofa, sighing.

“What?” Axel questioned as he paused to look up.

“Why do you care?” The blonde said bitterly, rolling over onto his side.

“You're right, I don't.” The other shrugged as he stood up to stretch his legs.

“Fuck you.” Benatar mumbled as he squeezed his eyes shut.

“You know I can't take you seriously with that accent of yours when you say that.” Axel laughed as he made his way over to the blonde, standing over him.

“Is that necessary?! You look like a bloody giant.” Ben nearly jumped out of his skin when he reopened his eyes only to find his band mate looming over him.

“Well, I am taller than you!” Axel grumbled as he took a step back. “Now, are you going to tell me what's wrong or not?”

“No.” The blonde sulked, smoothing his fringe down over his eye. He watched Axel walk backwards and felt a twinge in his stomach.

“Look, I don't care if you tell me or not.” The dark haired drummer spoke bitterly. “I have better things to do.”

Axel began to walk back to his drum kit but Benatar stopped him. He put his hand on his friend's shoulder tentatively.

“What are you doing?” The drummer asked slowly as he turned around and watched the vocalist look up at him. He bit his lower lip and swallowed hard.

“Do you really want to know what's wrong?” Benatar asked quietly as he removed his hand.

“Yeah, Ben...” The drummer eyed him warily as he waited with baited breath for a reply.

But instead of a response, the vocalist did something extraordinary.

He leant forward and pressed his lips against Axel's softly before pulling away.

“What the hell..?” The dark haired man spoke, touching his lips before looking at Benatar.

“You wanted to know, Axel.” The other stated matter-of-factly, not regretting what he did.

“What, so you just decided to kiss me? What is wrong with you?!” Axel shouted, feigning anger. He wasn't angry, he was just confused. Confused and disappointed that it didn't last longer.

“Do you know how hard it is to like someone who hates you?” Benatar shook his head as he became exasperated. He was so tired of fighting his feelings.

“Ben, I don't hate you...” The drummer sighed and scratched his head. He wasn't good with emotions.

“You act like you bloody do.” The blonde scoffed which made Axel smile as his British drawl reached his ears.

“I don't hate you, Ben.” He repeated. “I could never hate you.”

“Yeah? That's news to me.”

The tone of Benatar's voice saddened Axel and so did his words. It was time to own up to his feelings.

“I like you.” He muttered, averting his gaze.

“What?” The blonde's head whipped around to look at him and he wasn't sure if he had heard correctly or not.

“I like you, Benatar.” Axel spoke louder, throwing his hands up in the air in defeat. There was no going back now.

“But, how?” The vocalist questioned as his pulse raced.

“I don't know how the mind works, dude. I just do, that's all. You're funny and you're...cute.” The drummer shrugged, adding the last part on with uncertainty.

“Oh.” Was all Ben could say. He didn't trust himself to speak as he knew that he would reel off all of Axel's qualities without any hesitation but he didn't want to creep him out.

“Mhm.” Axel hummed in approval, sinking down to the ground and pulling his knees up to his chin as he sat with his back against the sofa.

“So, what do we do now?” The blonde asked, awaiting a response.

“I don't know, Ben.” He raked his eyes down the vocalist's body and bit his lip, tugging at the other's hand and pulling him down.

Axel kissed him gently and pulled him closer so Benatar was sitting with his legs around his waist. The vocalist gasped as the other swept his tongue across his lower lip and the drummer smirked. Hands travelled to the blonde's hair and down the dark haired boy's back.

Ben slipped his hands underneath the skull t-shirt that the drummer was wearing and kissed across his jaw and down his neck. He smiled when he heard Axel moan softly at his touch.

They pulled each other closer and just held each other for a moment.

“I'm sorry.” Axel murmured quietly.

“For what?” Benatar questioned, raising an eyebrow as he brushed a few strands of hair away from the dark haired boy's face.

“For making you think that I hate you.” He stated simply.

“Forget about it.” The blonde smiled as he got up off of Axel.

“So, now what?” The drummer asked, folding his arms and standing up.

“I don't know...” The other trailed off and swallowed hard. “Are we still friends or just...”

“We can be whatever you want, Ben.”

The vocalist grinned and placed a kiss on Axel's cheek who, in turn, ruffled the blonde's hair before kissing his forehead.

Benatar realised that Axel never really hated him despite all of the remarks. Ben wanted him just as much he wanted the blonde and he was happy that the truth had been uncovered.