Open Your Eyes [Andley]

Requested by: PhoenixInTheNight

Summary: Andy's dating Scout but she's cheating on him with Ashley. Andy has very strong feelings towards Ashley in a 'more than friends' type of way.

 “Scout?” I call out, wandering over to the couch.

“Andy, hey! How was the show?” My girlfriend asks, smiling at me.

“It was awesome but I am wiped out.” I sigh as I collapse onto the sofa. “It was a pity that you couldn't come.”

“I know, I'm sorry. I had an audition.” She tells me, stroking my hair.

“Yeah, I know. But you've never missed one of my shows...” I trail off, not wanting to sound too disappointed.

“I said I was sorry, Andy.” She replies tersely.

“No, I know.” Why is she acting like this? I decide to change the subject. “Ha, Ash just randomly disappeared for like half an hour. We had no idea where he was and we were all panicking.” Me, mostly.

“Really?” She raises an eyebrow, her eyes telling another story.

“Yeah.” I nod, laughing. I could talk about him all day. He's so interesting, likeable and funny. I would do anything for him.

“Andy!” Scout yells, a smile on her face.

“What?”

“You zoned out.” She points out to me, chuckling.

“Oh, sorry.” I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. If only she knew what I was thinking about or rather, who.

She wouldn't be too happy.

*

“Andy, come here.” CC beckons me over with one of his drumsticks. I walk over to him and sit down.

“Yeah?” I yawn, covering my mouth.

“Where's Ash?” Even hearing his name makes my heart speed up.

“I don't know, has he disappeared again?” I ask nonchalantly, not wanting my voice to give away my true feelings for the bassist of my band.

“Yeah, man. We don't know where the fuck he is!” CC panics, “this is the fourth time this week!”

“I'll call him.” I offer. I get my phone out and briefly smile at the picture of Scout and I before calling Ashley, my smile getting wider as he picks up.

“Andy?” I hear him breathe my name down the phone and the butterflies in my stomach feel like they're at war.

“Where are you?” I turn away from CC so he doesn't see how happy I am to talk to Ashley.

“I'll be there, give me ten minutes.” I can hear a girl giggling in the background and my heart sinks. I'm not sure who she is, he never mentioned a girlfriend.

“Alright, but CC's dying so hurry up.” I instruct, looking back at the skilled drummer and giving him a thumbs up in which he responds to by merely rolling his eyes.

“Okay, I will.” He chuckles, hanging up. I sigh deeply and close my eyes for a few seconds, trying to savour that laugh.

Surely, sleeping with a girl is far more important than rehearsing for a show.

*

Scout didn't miss the show this time. She made out like I was a burden though, like having to go to her boyfriend's show was a chore that didn't need doing. It upset me because she never used to be like this but for the past few weeks, it's like she's lost interest in the things I do. She knows playing music is my saving grace and without it, I have no idea where I'd be and I love Scout. She's one of the reasons I am who I am today, she's kept me strong in these past few months and she's helped me find myself but there's this certain kind of sadness. Sometimes, when I tell her I love her, she just nods.