To Be Forgiven [Andley]

An Andley story where Andy's having an extremely rough time and he doesn't want to lose Ashley.

<3 xo

J.

“Don’t, Ashley. Please.” I look to my boyfriend, tears in my eyes.

“What do you want me to do, Andy? Tell me and I will.” His eyes hold pain, so much that I can’t look at him anymore. I avert my gaze and swallow hard.

“I need you to stop making promises you can’t keep.”

“I-I don’t...” He trails off, scratching the back of his neck. I hang my head and sigh deeply.

I can’t do this anymore.

“Ash, you know I love you. You know that and I really thought you loved me too...” I wipe my cheeks, turning my back on him. I can’t look at him.

He wasn’t there for me when I needed him.

“I do!” He protests. “I’ve never loved anybody as much, Andy.” This gets me angry.

“Where were you, then?! I needed you but you were fucking her!” I spit. Why am I always second best?

“Andy, I didn’t mean to! You know nobody else can know about us. I’ve already avoided her enough times; if I did it again she would get suspicious.” He argues, crossing his arms.

“What about me? Don’t I deserve you?”

*

-Two Days Earlier-

“I can’t do this anymore, CC.” I sigh shakily, on the verge of tears.

“What’s wrong?” He asks, sounding concerned.

“Where’s Ashley?” I breathe heavily, my chest aching.

“I don’t know, Andy. He’s probably with his girlfriend.” He tells me sympathetically.  He knows about us but he hasn’t told anyone else. He promised.

I feel like I can’t breathe, like there’s something stopping me. The ache in my chest won’t stop either. I need Ashley.

I think I'm going to faint.

“Andy!” CC shouts firmly, grabbing my arm so I don't fall. “What is it?”

“I-I feel so bad, right now.” I breathe. I’ve let everything get on top of me again. I don’t know how to stop being so worthless. “I’m so tired, CC.”

“I’m here for you, okay? Come on.” He pulls me into a hug as I sob, my whole body trembling.

I’m tired and I feel empty.

I don’t understand why.

Ashley’s supposed to be here. I need him to tell me that everything is going to be fine, that I’m just going through something that will be over soon.

He’s not here though.

“I know I’m letting you guys down and I’m sorry. I just can’t help it.” I’m still shaking.

“No, you’re not letting anybody down, alright? I know it seems bad right now but it's going to get better. You don't need to think like that, okay? See, Jinxx and Jake are here now.” I watch them rush over to me, unsure of what’s happened.

I hear CC explain everything although, his words seem so loud in my head.

Memories of that night come flooding back and I can't stop them.