Chapter 6.

6一 homesick

6一 homesick. and not sure where home is.

༻𖥸༺

JIN-WOO WOULD BE LYING IF HE SAID that being in constant contact with a specific person wasn't helping his transition back into the world of Earth. Perhaps their meetings weren't an everyday occurrence, given his companion's hectic schedule, but he would take what he could receive.

He wasn't grasping at straws. Not yet, at the very least. Hawks was making that the option at the very bottom of his list.

He was growing attached to the winged hero, he knew. It didn't make him want to stop their meetings. Hawks' presence and their playful banter in the late hours of the night were a welcome change to the near constant silence he'd endured in the past years. It helped that the younger man was making his transition back to Earth more bearable.

Currently, Hawks was busy with some drug trafficking case by what he could tell from the shadow attached to the hero. That said, he was left to his own devices as he roamed the streets.

He couldn't remember Tokyo being this bustling during the week, but, then again, there wasn't much of Tokyo to see when he'd been here. All three times accounted for.

His thoughts were pushed aside the moment something pinged against his senses. Looking to the right, his purple-tinted eyes narrowed as all locomotion halted.

A child was crying and a man was scolding said child.

But it didn't sound like the kind of scolding a parent would give their daughter for doing something stupid.

No.

Somehow, it felt wrong to his instincts. And if there was one thing that Jon-Woo trusted, it was his intuition.

Activating his『Stealth』skill, the Nation Ranked hunter moved with nary a sound through the back alleys, finally reaching his destination.

And what he saw had his blood boiling.

There was a little girl, with white hair and ruby-red eyes dressed in what could only be described as hospital wear, her arms and legs wrapped in bandages that had no right to be there. She appeared to be on the verge of crying as an older man had his hand roughly clamped around her wrist while he all-but dragged her barefoot behind him.

The little girl seemed to be forcing back her tears. Jin-Woo's anger at her brave act spiked.

"一and that's why you should stop doing that! He would have had my head if I didn't get you in time! Did you really think tha一!"

He was cut off as a hand slammed in the back of his head, making said yakuza-looking man to face-plant himself in the concrete bellow. Simultaneously, his grip on the little girl went slack and she backed up a few steps.