Chapter 8.

8一 but the thing is, even if i could go back, i wouldn't belong there anymore

༻𖥸༺

ERI WAS ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER she wanted when left alone, and Jin-Woo could see, clear as day, that she was out of her depth when it came to his lack of rules. Well, he had rules, but perhaps guidelines was a more appropriate word for how things were in his residence.

Whichever it may be, Jin-Woo sought not to think about it for too long. It would be unnecessary and a waste of time.

That aside, he could also see that Eri was slowly becoming more and more aquatinted with the world around her. In spite of the fact that she refused to leave the house without him at her side, things were going pretty well with her recovery. Slow, but he would take what he could get.

He'd taken her to the park a few days ago and the shy girl had struck up a conversation with another girl her age. Well, it wasn't Eri who sought out the conversation with the other and her replies had been slow and hesitant, but the other kid had seemed adamant about the two of them becoming friends.

Right now, his new charge was fast asleep on the couch, her head nestled in Fenris' dark fur. It was quite a cute sight and he couldn't fully resist the urge to take a picture.

Sue him. Eri was a cute kid and the sight she made with Fenris was downright adorable.

Gently placing a blanket over her sleeping form, Jin-Woo picked the little girl up in his arms and walked up the stairs towards her room, slowly depositing her on her bed.

Returning to the living room and settling himself down on the now vacant couch, the Shadow Monarch looked up at the ceiling, the silence of the house becoming a tad annoying.

He was bored. Greatly so. Had he been able to do something about his boredom, he would have. Having nothing to do was... daunting, if anything.

Just as he was about to use『Shadow Exchange』to go and bother a certain winged hero, Beru's voice echoed through their bond.

[My Liege, there has been an interesting occurrence.]

Well, who was he to say no to his shadows when they remedied his lack of activity.

────────────────────────

WATCHING THE RAID OF THE YAKUZA base was interesting in a way that he couldn't quite explain. The different angle at which they coordinated with each other was quite simple from the Association's protocols upon protocols.

The heroes were gathered by someone who would act as the 'brain' of the operation. This someone would keep the police posted up on their plans and choose a specific time to raid the一quote-on-quote一villains.