➪𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀. 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚.

"What an absolute coincidence! Is this fate's doing?"

—— They strolled to an empty seat in front of Langa's desk, which meant that y/n sat diagonally from Reki

"If this is the same y/n at the park, I should've brought the sketchbook with me to return it!" The red head thought.

The teacher continued droning on and on about something that had to do with quadratic equations, something Reki didn't care about at all.

Instead, his attention was drawn upon the silhouette of y/n. They looked so
peaceful, head rested upon their chin. It was like they were a complete different person from the person Reki often see at the skate park.

Here in the classroom, it was like as if Reki could take a glimpse of another side to y/n. He could take in all of their unique features, whereas they were all covered and mysterious at the park.

And they looked so gorgeous.

Beside the red head, Langa shifted his attention on his red-head friend that he hadn't spoken with for what felt like eternity.

Langa noticed Reki for once, wasn't sketching in his notebook or anything. He was staring into a distance.

He followed Reki's line of sight, and realized he was staring right at y/n, the new transfer student.

"I bet Reki likes them, I could tell just by the way he looks at them." Langa thought.

For some bizarre reason, Langa felt his stomach sink a little.

And he had no idea why.

—— The school bell rang loudly through the halls, indicating that the lunch period had commenced

—— The school bell rang loudly through the halls, indicating that the lunch period had commenced. Students stood up hastily, as teachers dismissed each class for the break.

Usually by this time, Langa and Reki would've escaped to the roof with their skateboards and enjoy their lunch together. They'd laugh and watch skating videos together on YouTube, finding new tricks to attempt.

However, this was not the case today. In fact, the two still haven't had a proper conversation with each other for over two weeks.

Both Langa and Reki could feel the gap between their friendship grow bigger each day.

On this particular day, Langa was feeling a bit bold, and wanted to ask Reki to join him for lunch for the first time in a while.

"I just want to have what we had before, Reki..." He thought.

Just as he was about to approach Reki, he noticed that the red head was in an engaged conversation with the new student.

"Maybe today isn't the day after all. It'd be rude of me to interrupt." Langa whispered to himself.

On the other hand, Reki was getting a bit flustered talking to y/n.

"Well, hopefully this isn't too sudden or anything, but do you want to have lunch with me?" He asked them.

"S-sure..." They muttered back.

The pair walked to the roof of the school, a thick silence fell over them. They made their way to a comfortable spot in the shade, and the two sat down in the ground.

"So what are you having for lunch today?" Reki asked, genuinely curious about what type of food y/n enjoys.

Y/n opened their lunchbox, and it revealed their (favourite food). They were already practically drooling just by look at it.

"Wow that looks delicious! I'm just having some rice with plum and a few pieces of mixed vegetables..." He sighed, as he put a mouthful of rice in his mouth with his chopsticks.

"Would you like to try some?" Y/n asked Reki in quiet voice, their face slightly red from this bold question.

"If you don't mind, I'd love to!" He smiled at them as y/n passed a bite of (favourite food) to him.

Reki ate it happily, savouring the rich flavours of (favourite food). He was mentally taking a note that y/n enjoys this type of food.

"It's really good, y/n! Thanks for sharing." Reki grinned at y/n.

"Ah! I-it's really not that big of a deal..." Y/n stuttered.

Reki just chuckled, and proceeded to eat his own food.

"Oh, now that I remember, are you the same person I keep seeing at the skate park?" He asked y/n, who seemed a bit surprised at his question.

"Yeah, I'm surprised that you'd remember or recognize me..." They replied.

"Of course I'd remember you! You're always on the bench looking so focused, I was just a bit afraid to approach you. Although I didn't realize you were the same person until I heard of your name."

"Wait... how'd you know my name?"

"Well, you left your sketchbook at the bench you always sat at, and I took it with me for safekeeping, you know?" Reki chuckled nervously.

"S-so that means you've peeked inside!" Y/n said in disbelief, their face red as a tomato.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have looked! But I don't see why that's a problem, I love your art!"

"Really?"

"Really. Especially that drawing you did of me was phenomenal. I love it a lot." Reki grinned at y/n, who was covering their face to hide the redness on it.

"Then... would you let me draw more pictures of you?"

"I'd be honoured to."

So on that day, a whole new set of future plans were made.