The New Girl

Chapter 1: The New Girl

You, Y/N, sat at your desk by the window staring off into the blue sky that had no cloud in sight. The class was predominantly silent except for a few girls whispering to one another about subjects that didn't matter to you. Sometimes you wished you could have a friend to talk to, but you knew that you wouldn't muster up the courage to actually put yourself out there and make a friend. It was scary.

The teacher walked into the room with a grin on her face. She stood to the right of her desk and observed the class before exclaiming, "Today, we have a new student. Please, come in, come in." The teacher beckoned the new student over her hand. A girl walked into the classroom with perfectly cut dark brown hair and clear olive skin that grew more vibrant once the sun hit her.

"Hello everyone," the new girl said and scanned the room until she made eye contact with you. You sat up in your chair and gave your full attention to her. This girl had an intimidating manner about her as if you shouldn't mess with her, which you knew you weren't going to do. "My name is Nanno. I hope we can all be friends and it is very nice to meet all of you," she said as she continued to stare into your eyes with her dark chocolate colored ones. It felt as if she was talking to you the whole time instead of everyone else. "Thank you, Nanno. You can go sit next to," the teacher paused to look for an empty desk which so conveniently happened to be next to you. "You can sit next to, Y/N." she told Nanno and pointed at the desk.

Bag in hand, Nanno strode from the front of the room to the desk to next to yours. She placed her black bag on the desk and sat down in the chair. She turned towards you and murmured, "I'm Nanno. What's your name?" You could feel her gaze so you moved your head away from her and looked back at the window. "I'm...Y/N," you muttered quickly then you looked down at the table to look at your fingers. Nanno nodded her head then glanced around.

"Do you know anyone who has been, uh, let's say scandalous?" she questioned and rested her head on palm then turned her gaze to the board. You instantly blushed and snapped your head to the dark brown haired girl. "No, nobody in this school knows who I a-am," you answered in a slight whisper to her. Nanno let out a small sigh as if she felt disappointed you couldn't tell her any information.

Once class was over, Nanno grabbed her bag to prepare to walk all the way to the next class. You got up as well to brush off your skirt and leave, but the new girl grabbed your arm. She pulled you in close then looked you dead in the eye. "You will help me find anyone who is in the act of hypocrisy and scandal," she muttered to you. Her expression wasn't cold or intimidating but there was no emotion at all. Nanno had seemed to have not much emotion in her voice. You nodded your head vigorously to please her. It felt as if Nanno had this power over you to make you feel much weaker or more shy around her.

"Good, we'll speak during lunch." she told you then let go of you and walked out of the classroom. You felt your heart beating swiftly. Being with Nanno was going to be a wild ride.

Hi, quick A/N: This is my first story so I do apologize if it isn't the best. You can leave comments with suggestions! I will be posting on Fridays so you can keep that in mind. I hope you have a great day! <3