The Thieves

Chapter Three: The Thieves

You and Nanno ran through the dark wet streets carrying the items you stole. You felt nervous especially since you could trip in the water and be caught. "Stop right there, thieves!" a man yelled as he and others chased the both of you down. You pulled the hood of your raincoat over your head a bit more to make sure that the men didn't see your faces. You glanced over at Nanno who seemed to have her usual smirk on her face.

You were beginning to run out of breath the more you ran. You glanced at Nanno again to see that the lights from the different shops illuminated her face. The beautiful purple, blue, and pink light outlined her features and it seemed as if you were in a dream and watching her run in slow motion. You blushed slightly at her sight. Nanno reached for your hand as the men came closer to the both of you.

Turning back, the men who chased the both of you were barely in sight. You pulled Nanno into an empty alley where there was no light. The two of you crouched down, pressed against the wall hiding in the shadows. The men sped past the alleyway without noticing you or Nanno. You released the breath you had been holding the whole time. The both of you laughed and leaned on each other for support. You felt butterflies in your stomach as your companion rested a hand on your back. You soon felt the warmth of Nanno's hand fade away as she reached into her pocket to open the drink she had stolen. Glancing at her, you were captivated by the beauty of the girl. Her lips curled up into a smile as she opened her soda and took a sip. She then looked over at you which made your face grow in heat. "Shouldn't you open yours, Y/N," she asked with a small smirk on her face. Reaching into your pocket, you pulled out a soda can. You then got the thought to possibly shake it.

Nanno watched as you shook the drink in your hands. You opened it, and immediately the drink shot up into the sky. Nanno scooted away as she laughed. Blushing in embarrassment, you moved the drink away from the two of you. "S-sorry!" you exclaimed as the soda bubbles down. Taking a sip, the sweet flavor exploded in your mouth as it popped and fizzed. Nanno chuckled softly and moved a strand of hair from you face. Her eyes gazed into your eyes intensely. You felt her searching your face as she drew closer to you until your faces were mere inches from each other.

"I was faster than you," she whispered with a smug grin on her face as she drew back. "I was also fast," you muttered and looked down at the concrete ground. She chuckled once again and said, "You were, you were. We just have to work on your methods." She turned away and went back to sipping her drink. Between sips, she would sit and contemplate who knows what. "Y/N," she murmured. Looking up from the ground you stared at her. The hood of her coat framed her face and her bangs fell. The bright street signs illuminated and continued to outline her features. "Yes, Nanno?" you replied and subconsciously scooted towards her. "I am so interested in you," she said bluntly before place the soda can down and bringing her knees to her chest.

"Oh, why do you think you are?" you asked and a blush grew on your face. The brunette bit her slip slightly, blushed, and turned her head away. "I don't know, but I do know is that I like you as my friend," Your heart dropped slightly once she said 'as a friend' but you smiled. "I'd like to be your friend, Nanno." you told her which cause the girl to turn to you. A small smile grew on her lips before she picked up her can and drank the rest of the can.

:The Next Day:

The next day, you couldn't get your mind off of what had happened last night. You had soon realized that you were beginning to like the new girl but more than a friend. As childish it may sound, a crush. You knew it would be weird to have a crush on the brunette, yet you found her so captivating and beautiful. You liked her personality, the way she smiled, the way she laughed, everything.

When you sat next to her in class, your heart felt as if it was about to burst and butterflies fluttered in your stomach. You both sat in class listening to the teacher before she pushed her notebook towards you with the writing, 'Shall we go again?' in red ink. You tried your best to hide the smile that grew on your face. Biting your lip, you wrote down 'Sure but no more running. It's tiring for me!' and pushed it to her. Nanno glanced down and found herself smiling at your words. Glancing at each other as she wrote, you noticed a slight blush coating her cheeks. You turned back to the teacher for a moment then felt her notebook nudge against your arm. 'Call me master and I'll teach you.' Your heart leapt into your throat. Master? You glanced over at her, furiously blushing, to find that she was already looking at you. Cocking an eyebrow, you let out a small sigh. A small smile grew on your face as you wrote down 'You're all talk, Nanno.' You turned back to the lesson as you pushed the notebook towards her. Gazing over at her, she squinted her eyes and pouted her lips slightly. You shrugged with a cocky smile growing on your face. Nanno passed her notebook over to you with the writing, a teasing comment.

The both of you went back and forth until she wrote 'Let's try something harder.' The two of you barely made it last time yet you were excited for this new challenge. You glanced over at her and she looked back. Before you could get lost in her eyes, the teacher spoke up and said, "Listen up, I will give you guys some homework." You blushed in embarrassment as some students looked back at you and Nanno. The two of you looked at each with small smiles on your lips.

Pushing open the door, you peered into the room. "Even though the director is nasty, you have to admit that he has good taste," Nanno told you. You hold the door and gazed around the room and at the different paintings that hang in the dark room. "There are security cameras everywhere, Nanno." you said and gazed at her. The girl kept her gaze at the room, her expression unreadable. "You know that everyone and everything has a weakness, right?" she said and pulled out her rose gold phone. She tapped on the screen before turning it into landscape. "Look," she muttered to you. You shifted towards her and blushed slightly as your shoulders brushed against one another. "Look at the footage from the security cameras here," You looked at the screen amazed. This was amazing and unpredictable. "H-How did you do that?" you questioned and continued to look at the screen. "I just put un the password." she told you cooly as she gazed at you. "How do you know the password-" You were soon cut off by her, immediately shutting yourself up as she spoke. "Listen, Y/N, magicians never reveal their secrets," she sighed a hint of amusement in her voice. You looked over at her face for a second before she said, "Look," Nanno pointed towards that camera. "That camera only covers up to here." She then lowered her finger and pointed towards a space in the room. "And  this camera, only goes somewhere over there." She pointed to her left. "Therefore, the blind spot is..." The brunette paused and smirked as her gaze raised to the painting of white cowers with a black background. The both of you made your ways to the blind spot and you were soon standing in front of the work of art. "Y/N, it unbelievable that the director paid hundred of thousands for this painting in an auction." She told you.

~~
A/N: I know it's been a while since i last uploaded but i had a lot of school work and stuff 😕 love the comments tho😮‍💨 i'll be writing part 4 tmrw and should be uploaded by friday. love y'all <3