It's Hard To Say No...

Senpai never knew how to say no. In the game he had always said yes to anything people wanted, at first soley because he was just following his programming. But even after he gained self awareness, he still couldn't say no. Not that it mattered, the rare occasions that he could say no the girls still took his responses as a yes. It's not their fault, that's just the code going on like it's supposed to... He would always remind himself. He had expected things to change when he entered the real world, surely people would understand him if he said no, right?

     He was wrong, so horribly wrong. The first time someone asked him for something, it was a pencil. That was fine, he said yes and they promised they'd give it back. They didn't. Ok, I just won't give then my pencils anymore, they'll understand..! They didn't.

"What do you mean I can't borrow a pencil? I promise I'll return it, I just forgot last time..!" Senpai couldn't say no now, he felt like shit even considering it...

"Fine, just... Please return it, ok?"

"Thank you so much!" They responded before resuming their work with his pencil. Somedays they would return his pencil, otherdays they would forget. Either way, Senpai couldn't say no to them. It's just a pencil, I'll be fine..!

     Just a pencil turned into so much more. Funny how that happens.

"Can I borrow your laptop? I need to download music onto my mp3 but I don't have a computer right now." His roommate asked him, he didn't like the thought of people going onto his stuff but it'd be fine. I'll just log out..!

"Ok, let me just finish up what I'm doing!"

"Thank you!" Senpai logged off and gave them the computer.

"Oh, I need you to log in, can't access the wifi without it..."

"Oh. Sure..!"

     Terrible idea what the hell are you doing Senpai! Just say no damn it! He yelled at himself mentally. He couldn't do it, he couldn't say no. Everyday this happened, everyday he risked having all his stuff tampered with because his roommate kept asking. He tried making up excuses as to why they couldn't use it, but they always had a counterpoint.

     Computer needs to charge? "I'll charge it!" It's broken? "I'll try to fix it!" I forgot the wifi password? "Don't worry, I remembered it!" Senpai gave up, his computer wasn't even his anymore. But those were just material items, he didn't NEED them, so it's fine, right?

     Until one day, he was walking home, listening to his music when a group of people passed by him. They stopped and tapped his shoulder, causing him to turn around.

"Hey, we wanted to ask something, can you come into that alleyway? It's personal, ya get me?"

"Sure..?" Senpai didn't 'get them', but who was he to say no?

"So... Couldn't help but noticed you've got a nice ass, and honestly? Your fine as fuck! Mind if we... have a little fun?"

"I... No- no thank you, I'm not into that stuff..."

"Aw, come on, we'll be gentle, promise!"

"Well, I mean- I'm really busy, I have classwork and-"

"Dude, don't sweat it! We have a few classes together, I know you don't got that much work! And this'll only take a few minutes..!"

     He couldn't. He didn't want this, he thought he made it clear but he was out of excuses.

"F-fine..."

     It hurt. It hurt so much, he was limping in pain at the end of it, tears in his eyes as he walked home. So much for being gentle, am I right? Senpai tried to make a joke out of it, lighten the mood a little but he couldn't, he was crying and he couldn't stop. He finally got home, he hadn't realized how sore his throat was until he tried to speak.