Can't the Future Just Wait?

A/N: oh nnnoooo another vent chapter in which I throw my personality onto Senpai aaaaaaaaa
This actually helped me calm down tho ngl-

     Everyday for the past few days Senpai had been getting messages from his professors and some of his classmates. Some were concerned while others were outright threatening him to come back to college. He hadn't officially dropped out, and as a student who normally attended every class and actively participated, he knew some people were going to worry. He scrolled through some of the messages on his email, fearful as he did so.

"Hello Senpai, this is your science teacher. Is everything alright? You haven't been in class lately. I've attached some pictures of everything we've been learning, I hope to see you soon!"

"Hey, I know this year's been rough but you need to start coming to class. English assignments due tomorrow, you don't get extra time unless you have an excuse. -Signed, your English teacher."

"Hey yes boy where tf u been? Ik u aint dead cuz u got that lemon freak with you so wtf man."

     Senpai shuddered at being called 'yes boy' of all things.

"Senpai where r u i need help with hw pls respond or ill go trash ur dorm room if ur even in dere"

"hey so uhh the whole class worried bout you n shit pls come back! we aint done shit to you so you got no excuse."

"just wanted to let you know your making a big mistake skipping!1! lmao u cant survive out there with no college education!! :)"

     Senpai sighed, everyone was messaging him and he felt bad for ignoring them but he didn't know what to do. Senpai got up and stretched as he thought about the whole situation.

     Look at you Senpai, Lem's been nothing but nice to you and you haven't done shit to repay him! He probably doesn't even like you, he's just doing this because he has to. He's saved your life twice now and you've been shitty to him!

"Who am I kidding, I should just go back to college like everyone wants..."

     Senpai said as he sat down on the small couch, mentally preparing a list of things he would need for college. Lem woke up and saw Senpai sitting there moaping, his eyes weren't glowing as bright as they normally do and Lem instantly sat down next to Senpai before asking,

"What's wrong Senpie? You look ssaaadd..!"

"Lem... I'm... I'm going to leave."

"Leave..? Where to? Can I come with?"

"No, I'm... I'm going back to college."

"Wh- why..? I thought you hated it there."

"I do but... I need to get an education so I can get a good job, plus I understand I'm just... Leeching off of you, and I- I'm burdening you and... I- I don't want to, I don't want to worry about the- the future but... I can't be so selfish like this! I haven't given you anything in return and-"

     Senpai was interupted by a tight hug from Lem that caused him to fall back on the couch, he felt a strange wetness on him that he quickly recognized as tears. Lem was crying, sobbing as he hiccupped cries and squeezed Senpai.

"Senpai, please don't leave me!! Your my only friend! My best friend, you don't have to leave! You don't want to leave so you don't have to!! You- you aren't a burden at all!"

"B-But I haven't-"

"Senpai you've given me everything I could possibly ask for! I've never had anyone, anything, to talk to, to share snacks with! And just- just hanging out with you- it warms my heart! I like you more then anyone in this world!"

"L-Lem..? This sounds more like a confession..."

"That's because it is! Senpai- I- I love you! I love you more and more everyday and I just want to keep loving you forever!"

     Senpai sat there (more like layed but same thing) as he thought about everything. Did he love Lem? Was that what he felt whenever they hung out together? Senpai had never felt genuine love before, he wouldn't know. He did feel himself blush a bit whenever Lem would hold his hand, or when they would make dumb jokes but he honestly couldn't tell. Senpai decided to just go with his gut, if it was wrong later on then... They had time, right?

"Lem... I, I think I love you too. I'm not 100 percent certain but... I want to give this a shot."

     When two people fall in love, you expect some deep and loving kiss, maybe some romantic music accompanying it. However, Lem of course either didn't know this or he didn't care as he gave Senpai at least 75 kisses on his face.

"I- I have a boyfriend!!" Lem exclaimed before quietly adding, "Can I call you that?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not! We are dating after all!"

"We... We're dating?"

"Yeah, that's how having a boyfriend works..."

"We- we're dating! I have a date! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

"I never thought I'd see you so estatic over something so... simple!"

"I'm a very simple guy!" Lem looked a little sad as he got off of Senpai and asked, "Are... Are you still going back to college..?"

     Senpai cupped Lem's face in his hands and wiped the tears that threatened to fall.

"And miss the chance to be with the greatest man on Earth? Of course not! That is... if your ok with it!"

"Yay! That means I get to be with my perfect boyfriend!"

"I- I'm not perfect-"

"Maybe not but to me you are!"

"Aww, thanks Lem!"

     There was a comforting silence as the two held hands, blushing as they did so.

"Hey Senpai... You know when I said you've given me all I've ever wanted?"

"Mhm? What about that?"

"That wasn't the whole truth... There's another more... sillier dream I've always had..!"

"Oh? Do tell, I'm curious!"

"Well... I wanna start a small diner!"

"What's the catch?"

"What catch?"

"What do you plan on selling..?"

"Meat! Human meat specifically!"

"Haha! I should've known! Well hey, if you wanna we could maybe get a business permit and try to start a place up!"

"Really?" Lem gasped as Senpai nodded his head.

"Oh, but we'd need a basic set up! Like, a menu and stuff!"

"Okie let's get started then my beautiful boyfriend!"

     Senpai blushed a little as he grabbed a bunch of different kinds of paper and some pens and pencils. The two spent most of the day planning, just happy to spend time together in general.

A/N: what if we kissed at the Lem and Senpai diner? Haha, jk jk... Unless..?