Three || What Could And Couldn't Be

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sirius and Remus were pacing in the living room of Number 12 Grimmauld Place; they had been for twenty minutes, heading quickly to thirty.

The two had already come back from Godric's Hollow after helping some of the Aurors with the damage, though nobody even wanted to get near Voldemort's body.

They had made sure the girl who was watching the twins was alright before they obliviated her mind to make her think she had left when James and Lily got there and went to sleep. They had also made it look like a fire had started, burning down the house, making sure that it looked like it.

But that had been a while ago and James and Lily still hadn't returned. No doubt someone would have informed the Potters of what had happened so they would know to go straight to Sirius' house. And yet, something seemed off to both of them. They felt a tight tug on their hearts, and it appeared to become fainter by the second. It wasn't until it was completely gone did Lily and James appear from the floo, with only Harry in their arms.

Sirius and Remus's hearts broke seeing the tears streaming down Lily's face, the sadness on James's, and the fact that Persephone was nowhere to be seen.

"James, where's Persephone?" Remus asked, his voice wavering with fear of the worst. James only looked down as Lily hugged the sleeping Harry closer to her chest.

"What happened Prongs? Is she alright?" Sirius asked, worrying even more by his friends' reactions.

"She's alright guys," James said, but they could tell he had more to say, "but we've decided it'd be best if she grew up away from all this mess, to let her have a normal childhood."

This was definitely not what Sirius and Remus were expecting. They thought Persephone was in a critical condition, or that she was staying at the hospital for the night. Never would they have thought that James and Lily would give her up. This, to no surprise, angered the two. How could their best friends just give up their child like that?

"Where is she?" Remus demanded, anger seeping out through his words, scaring James and Lily a bit.

"I'm sorry Remus, but there's noth-" Lily started before she was cut off by an extremely irritated Remus.

"Where is she!?" He yelled, his eyes dangerously flashing from light green to glowing amber.

"We don't know. Dumbledore took her after he told us it was what needed to be done." James said, changing the subject to the headmaster as he didn't want to be the one his friends blamed.

Remus and Sirius had no hesitation going to the floo and heading straight to Dumbledore's office.

To say Dumbledore was shocked to see an angry Remus and Sirius was an understatement. He had just entered his office when the two flooed in, Lily and James quickly following. Though he knew the two would be a bit angry, he hadn't expected them to go straight to him. He had hoped Lily and James would have made them understand, but he guessed they didn't.