snowed in

*this is an AU*

It was a cold and chilly day today as the atmosphere was bitter.

 Kanao was hanging out at tanjiro's small apartment when weather struck. Laughter filled the room as the young couple sat next to a small fireplace, huddled together with a warm blanket around them. 

"And then Zenitsu tried to run away then he got caught by Mr.Tomioka!" Tanjiro said with a small laugh. 

Kanao couldn't help but laugh at this little story.

Tanjiro let out a small chuckle while he watched his girlfriend try to muffle her laughs with her hand. 

'So cute,' The red-head thought.

"I'm sure that Zenitsu couldn't outrun Mr. Tomioka of all people!" Kanao said as she let out a small giggle.

"Yeah, I told him that but he just wouldn't listen. Now, he has to write an essay of his wrong doings and he has detention all this week," Tanjiro scratched the back of his head and laughed at his friends interesting decisions.

They continued to have small conversations late into the night, when eventually it was time for Kanao to leave.

"I think I have to go now, since my sister's are expecting me now," Kanao said as she gave her lover a chaste kiss on the lips, which Tanjiro quickly returned with a little pout.

Kanao got up from her huddled position and started the motion to grab her bag. But, she suddenly stopped when she felt a hand holding her own. 

"Hey, I think you should stay for the night,"

"Hm?"

Kanao let out a confused look on her face, as she waited for his next response. Tanjiro showed Kanao his phone and the screen showed the weather. There was a snowstorm happening right now and the news urged people to remain in shelter, until further notice. 

"Oh I see now, are you sure I can stay here for the night?" Kanao asked looking down at him, meeting his gaze. 

"Of course you can," Tanjiro replied with a sweet smile. "I'll go set up the futons."

Kanao nooded and texted her sisters that she would be staying the night at Tanjiro's. They replied with an 'okay , we'll make arrangements about this. Please be safe Kanao! See you tomorrow then.' Without a doubt, her sister's trusted Tanjiro. They thought he was a responsible and respectful boy and they knew Kanao was safe in his hands.

"Okay, all set," Tanjiro said as he walked out of his room to find Kanao sitting by the fireplace. They both shared a small smile as Tanjiro sat next to Kanao.

"I told my sisters I'll be staying for the night." 

"Great," Tanjiro replied. "Now lets eat some dinner, I have some left over noodles from yesterday, is that okay?" Tanjiro asked as he got up from his sitting position as he went to the fridge. 

"Yes, that's fine." 

They continued to enjoy their company together and had a peaceful dinner. It was very late as they started to get tired and decided to call it a night.

"sigh okay Tanjiro I'm finished," Kanao stepped out of the bathroom and started to make her way over to his room. She saw Tanjiro sitting on his futon, as he just gawked at her. Kanao was wearing a long-sleeve pink robe with her wet hair sprawled across her shoulders and her butterfly ornament was in her hand. 

She was absolutely beautiful in his eyes. 

"Hey, Tanjiro?" 

His girlfriend's voice immediately broke him out of his thoughts. "Is everything okay?" The black-haired girl asked, concerned filled her eyes. 

"Ah, nothing's wrong," Tanjiro got up from his futon and made his way towards Kanao. He proceeded to warp his arms around her waist and looked at her lovingly. 

"You're just so beautiful, Kanao," He simply said with a small smile. Kanao let out a small blush, before Tanjiro pulled her in for a warm embrace.

They stayed there for a few minutes, not wanting to let go of each other. But eventually they pulled apart and went to their designated futons. 

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Tanjiro."

-

-

-

A few hours later, Tanjiro woke up to feel a nudge on his right shoulder. 

"Hey Tanjiro, are you awake?" Kanao nudged his shoulder timidly, not wanting to wake him up if he was sleeping. "Yes, I'm awake, is there something wrong Kanao?" Tanjiro turned to face her, so they were properly looking at each other.

 Kanao looked down at her hands, completely averting her gaze from his. 

"......sl..p...ith..you?" She spoke very softly to the point Tanjiro couldn't understand.

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Could I sleep with you tonight? It's a bit cold." Kanao said a little louder as she blushed, not wanting to meet his gaze. 

Tanjiro let out a blush. Sure, Kanao stayed overnight from time to time but they always slept in different beds. So this was the first time and Tanjiro just couldn't say no to her.

"Of course," He said as he moved over to the left to make space for her. She gave him a thoughtful smile as she gradually moved into the space. They both laid down, looking in each other's gaze, slightly blushing. 

Leisurely, Tanjiro pulled Kanao in a warm embrace with his chin on the top of her head. Kanao snuggled into his chest while hugging him tightly. Tanjiro smiled at the gesture and kissed the top of her head as he took in her scent that made his head spin and his pulse slightly quicken.

He was so very in love with this girl in his very arms. 

Afterwards, he gently caressed her face and gave her a kiss to the forehead, nose, cheek and lastly the lips. Kanao smiled into the sweet kiss as she rubbed his back. 

They both pulled apart for air and embraced each other once again. 

"This is nice," She murmured into his chest.

Tanjiro hummed softly in response.

The warmth radiated like a coal in a furnace, as the snow fell upon them. 

The two closed their eyes and their hearts fell into a pile of ribbons.

********************************************************************************

i love them bshbahh 

honestly, i'm not really happy with this chapter but i wanted to put something out there so here it is and this took a while for what *cries*

chapter 4 coming soon!!