flowers & love

*THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MAJOR MANGA SPOILERS* 

*if you haven't fully read the kny manga, I suggest to not read this chapter.*

*AGAIN MANGA SPOILERS*

A peaceful evening, so strikingly warm and nice. 

"Dinner is ready!" A long black haired girl shouted from the dinner table. 

Not even a second later, a certain guy with a boar mask came running to the table and started shoving food in his mouth. His mask was moved up slightly, exposing his mouth. 

"Hey stop, we should wait until everyone get's here," Nezuko said while lightly slapping him on the shoulder. 

He didn't listen and kept shoving food in his mouth. 

Nezuko mentally sighed in defeat. 'Well at least he likes the food,' She thought happily.

"It looks amazing Nezuko-chan~, well everything you do is splendid," A familiar voice called out. Nezuko quickly turned around to find Zenitsu, a dreamy expression displaying on his face. 

A wide smile adorned the girl's face. "Ah thank you, Zenitsu!"

A dark blush spread across the yellow boy's face. "Well of course, Nezuko-chan~," He said as he sat down all giddy-like, smiling like an idiot.

The smile never left her face as she looked down at the two. "I agree with Zenitsu it looks amazing," Tanjiro called out behind her. 

"Thank you brother!" Her voice filled with gratitude. They both sat down and started to have small talk with everyone. 

"Ah well I should get going now," Tanjiro sat up from his chair. 

"Where are you going, Monjiro?" Inosuke asked.

"I'm going out with Kanao tonight," He said simply.

"Oh right, have a nice time!" Nezuko happily said while Inosuke nodded in response. 

Zenitsu slouched his body. "You have some nerve buddy to be all kissy and cuddly with a girl and you know very well that should be me, you lucky bastard," He muttered under his breath, a clear anger in his tone.

"Sorry what was that, I couldn't quite hear you," Tanjiro asked. 

 "Oh nothing, have fun," Zenitsu retorted rather coldly.

"Oh uh, thank you Zenitsu," Tanjiro said nervously but quickly shook it off as he had something else to do. He opened the front sliding door and took a step out.

They all waved their goodbye's and Tanjiro started to head out for Kanao and Aoi's house.

-

'Phew, I made it,' He thought while stepping through the entrance towards the large estate. 

He knocked on the door and after a few moments the front door opened revealing Aoi. "Hello Tanjiro, it's nice to see you again," She greeted with a smile. 

"It's nice to see you as well, Aoi-san"

"Well I'm assuming you're here for Kanao, so I won't keep you here for long. She's in her room as usual," Aoi said, pointing to the direction. "Thank you so much Aoi-san! I hope you're doing great," He said as he brushed past her.

The smile never leaving her face as she waved him off.

"Hey Kanao, it's me Tanjiro," He knocked on her sliding door, waiting for an answer. "Come in, please!" She yelled from inside. Accepting her request, he slid the door open, went inside and closed it slowly behind him.

"Hello Tanjiro," She greeted while walking up to him.

"Kanao.." Without bothering to finish his sentence, he pulled her into an embrace which Kanao happily leaned into. His one good arm secure around her waist and her arms around his neck. Tanjiro nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck, taking in her sweet scent.

They stayed there for a few moment's before Tanjiro spoke up. "Are you all ready to go?"

"Almost, I just have to put up my hair," She replied while pulling away from her lover's arm.

Tanjiro hummed in response as he sat on her bed. A familiar figure slithered up to Tanjiro's side. It was none other than Kaburamaru, Kanao's new companion. "Why hello Kaburamaru, how are you doing?" Tanjiro greeted while petting his head. 

He hissed and nodded his head, indicating he was doing good. "Kaburamaru could you please get me my hairpin," Kanao requested while she finished putting up her hair in a side ponytail.

At her request, Kaburamaru quickly slithered to her night stand and took the hairpin in his mouth. He moved up to her side, waiting for her to take it from his mouth.

"Thank you Kabuaramaru," Kanao said as she took it out of his mouth and started fixing it into her hair.

Her hairpin was no longer the pink and green color that she used to wear. Now, it was a purple and a grayish-blue color, Shinobu's hairpin.

It really made Tanjiro upset over how much lives were taken from them. Their loved ones, lost forever. Unable to know if they'll ever meet again. 

He was truly thankful for everyone who fought, their sacrifices weren't in vain.

"What's with the face?" A familiar soft voice lured him out of his troubling thoughts. Tanjiro mentally shook his head and looked down. He saw the face of his girlfriend, smiling up at him.

"Ah it's nothing," Tanjiro answered. It wasn't really nothing, it was just thought's he didn't want to share. Especially not on this particular day. "Oh okay, tell me if anything's wrong alright."

"I will, thank you. Are you all set to go now?" Tanjiro asked once more. "I am," The smaller girl answered back while Kaburamaru on Kanao's shoulders also hissed back an answer. 

Together, the two walked out of the estate. Kanao's right hand intertwined with Tanjiro's left as they continued their steady walk. Although it was a relatively small gesture, it really made Tanjiro happy. 

Not only was he holding the hand of the girl he loved, but he was also insecure about his left arm. It wobbled and flopped around and he couldn't do much with it, it really saddened him from time-to-time. So he was so lucky to find a partner who could careless about his flaws. 

He loves her so much. 

Next stop, a village known well for their beautiful flowers.

**********************************************************

I'm so excited for the next part of this mini story, tehe :)))

(this is part 1 out 2 parts) 

Until next time! 

Part 2 coming out soon.