family

*A/N: hey guys, welcome! Err...this chapter contains implied suggestive content, soo read with caution!*

(Also, thank you for reading!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro and Kanao lived happily in their new home a few months after they became husband and wife. With Muzan and the rest of the demons defeated, they could now live their lives normal and free.

Together, they've been married for half a year now and needless to say it's been a cheerful time as the two loved and valued each other so much. 

But considering how life is now, Tanjiro really wanted to start a family together.

'Come on Tanjiro, just talk to her!' Tanjiro thought as he was sitting down on the sofa waiting for his wife to come out of the bathroom. 'You know she loves you and wouldn't mind talking about it, so why are you so nervous?'

Truthfully, the two haven't really talked about having children. It wasn't something they really thought about or even considered. Maybe it was too overwhelming? Too early? Or maybe it's something she doesn't wan-

"Nngh... Tanjiro?" 

A gentle nudge on his shoulder snapped him out of his thoughts. Tanjiro shook his head to get out of his aimless mind before meeting his red orbs with a certain girl's purple ones.

It was none other than his wife, Kanao.

Kanao's wet hair was sprawled across her back and shoulders. She wore her favorite pink and white robe with flower designs all over. Her butterfly ornament was clutched in her hand, something that was very special to her.

'She's so beautiful, no matter how much times I look at her,' Tanjiro couldn't help to admire his wife, well he always did and won't ever stop. The girl he once fought alongside was now his partner, his lover, his loving wife. 

To say the least, he was happy to spend the rest of his life with her and maybe... their loving children.

"Hey, Tanjiro? You spaced out again," Kanao giggled before giving him a smile. "Are you okay?"

" A-ah, yeah I'm okay, well.. uh.. I think I am ..." He trailed off, Tanjiro was a very bad liar and he knew that someone, especially his wife would come to notice his falseness. 

"Tanjiro, what's wrong?" Kanao said in a knowing tone. 

Tanjiro sighed, he knew it was best just to talk to her. He then proceeded to take her hands in his.

"Kanao could we talk, please?"

"Yes, of course," She moved a little back on the sofa, so they could properly look at each other. She gave him a peck on his cheek to give him the okay to start talking. 

"Kanao we've been married for months now and it's been some of the happiest moments of my life," He began, a light blush formed across his face. Kanao's small smile widened at the words. "Mine too," She said softly.

"And I was wondering if ..." He muttered under his breath, he took a deep breath and started again. "And I was wondering if you..would want to take the next step and start a family together?" He finally managed to say. 

Kanao's mouth and eyes widened at the question. "A family..huh?" She said after a few moments, she looked a little sad. 

"Yes. Uh well, if you want to of course, I don't want to do anything you don't want," He quickly assured her, louder than usual. He noticed her unhappy expression and frowned. "Do you not want.. to start a family?"