Chaos Before The Storm

[ Y/N ]

I climbed the snowy mountains, battling the unforgiving cold as I snuck my way inside the fortress. Being here brings back memories I've kept buried down inside me. Eventually I made it to his study as I looked at the window. The place where I jumped off and disappeared when I was brought back. I was alone in the study for a while when a man came out of the shadows.

" I have to say, it is impressive that you have made it this far without alerting a single guard of mine. You truly are a worthy successor to the mantle of Batman."

" Enough with the speeches. This is the last place on Earth I wanna be, so I'll cut to the chase. What do you know about Trigon?"

He flinched at the mention of that name.

" Why does this interest you, Y/N?"

" Why do you care?"

" Because you do not know who or what he is."

" Then tell me!" I challenged his authority, slightly raising my voice.

" Trigon is a being that has been in existence since the beginning of time and will continue until the end. One of the most powerful demons of the Underworld. A name feared by every demon not for his power or might but for his lust of chaos and destruction. Some might even go far as to call him a manifestation of every evil in this world. Evil incarnate."

" How do I stop him?"

" I think I've helped you enough to call us even for what happened two years ago."

" Even? You brought me back! As a blight upon my father's house! I'll be damned if a little story-telling is going to make us even!"

He looked at me dead in the eye before sighing.

" There isn't any known way of truly defeating for he is an immortal. He can only be hurt. Subdued. . ." He said as he headed to a closet, opening it up to reveal a blade.

" This can help you in your quest to subdue the demon. There is a myth of a pair of much more powerful mystical blades but no one has ever seen it before." He said handing the blade to me. It was shaped like a Jian, something I was trained with before. I was about to walk off when the doors swung open. Talia came in the study.

" Father you need to see th-. . . . Y/N you seem. . ."

" Sane? Trust me. . . There's a lot of things wrong up here." I finished her sentence, motioning to my head.

" What is it, daughter?"

She turned on the TV showing a helicopter broadcast of San Francisco in flames. The helicopter was then subsequently taken down by a winged creature as the broadcast ended abruptly.

" I need to go. You have anything fast I can borrow?" I said as I headed for the door. Talia led me to the basement where a jet was waiting. She jumped in the pilot seat to which I immediately followed, not wasting anytime. Deep down inside, I fear that what I've been trying to stop has already arrived.

We arrived at San Francisco after some time, the city that was once bright and cheerful now was in ruins. Fire and chaos all around. I gritted my teeth at the sight. I asked of Talia to land at the tower where a familiar Bat-Plane was also visible from the top.

" Well this will be one hell of a reunion." I said which made Talia look over in my direction. She swiftly landed on the helipad where we got off and entered the building. We entered the living room where everyone was, looking absolutely tired and worn out. All except for Batman and Nightwing. I did notice a new face in the crowd. A girl in an all black outfit with gold accents, like a ninja. That got me curious. I was then pulled into a hug by Tim. My favorite of the bunch. I chuckled at his act before returning the hug. Barbara then came up to me. We haven't seen each other since Bosnia so it was sort of an awkward reunion.