Chapter 2: The Hogwarts express

I walked through nearly the whole train before I found Fred and George. They were in a heated discussion with some of the Slytherin quidditch players. "We were here first," Marcus Flint said. Behind him stood Terrence Higgs, a fool from my year. Fred copied Flint's deep voice: "We were here first." He changed back to his normal voice: "You know what Flint you can take your..." Quickly I interrupted him: "What's the problem?" George turned at me. "We need a compartment and these two jerks were sucking faces in theirs." "No we weren't." Higgs' face turned completely red. "I mean I'm straight." He gave me the elevator look, and blinked at me, he bit his lip. "Ew... Higgs, get outta here or we're gonna tell everybody that you were making out," I said. "Nobody's gonna believe you," Flint said, but he sounded a bit troubled. I raised an eyebrow and they ran away. "Here you go," I told The Twins and opened the door. "I think they are a pretty good couple though," George said. We laughed and helped one another lift the trunks. I pulled something out of my inner pocket. "Look what I stole." I showed them the old book I had found when I had sneaked around in Remus' room. George took it and studiet it carefully. Fred asked me: "What is it?" "My dads old diary," I answered. "From when he went to Hogwarts." George looked up. "Guys, do you think there's any good pranks in this book?" "Probably." Fred snapped it and turned some pages. "Here," he said and then bagan reading.

"Dear diary,

Today Sirius and James did something stupid. They sneaked down to the kitchen and put polyjuice potion in all the drinks for breakfast. I don't know how they got Dumbledore's hair, but you never know with those two. Soon there were quite a number of Dumbledores. Of course Peter accidently drank some too. McGonagall never found out who it was, but I think she knows, it actually looked like she entertained it quite a bit. It was really funny, Sirius is so funny.

Love Moony."

I broke out in laughter, and The Twins did too. When I had control again I said: "But if we're just doing their pranks again we aren't original." "You're right Ash," George said. "But we can be inspired." I snapped the book from Fred and copied my dads voice:

"Dear diary,

Finally Lily said yes to going out with James. Marlene and Mary are also dating. I'm beginning to think that I'm in love with Sirius. I wanna ask him out, but I'm a bit too shy.."

Suddenly Lee Jordan, one of our best mates opened the compartment door. "Hey guys," he said and sat down beside me. The others started chit chatting about which kind of pranks we could do when we got to Hogwarts. Suddenly the train stopped, a cold breeze filled the air. "What is going on?" I asked. I stood up and looked out of the compartment. Other confused students did too. The lights went out and nobody said anything. Suddenly a squeaky voice said something: "Someone in here?" I recognized it as Malfoys. Another fool from my year. Ice began spreading along the window, and I then knew what was going to happen. "Lumos," I whispered and in the light from my wand we could see a very scared Malfoy, and a creepy creature. It was floating some inches over the ground. The dementor opened the door. I stood up. "Don't Ash," George said. I concentrated, and thought about the last time me and Remus had visited the Weasleys. "Expecto Patronum," I shouted. A silvery bird came out of my wand. It attacked the dementor, and the lights came back. "Wow Ash," Lee said. "I didn't know you could perform a patronus." I took a deep breath before answering him. "Dad taught me this summer, but mine is not as good as his." "That's still pretty impressive," George said. The door opened, and we looked up, Malfoy was trying to sneak out of the compartment. "Going anywhere Pale Face?" I asked him. "Uh i was just uh... " He tried running, but Fred and Lee got up chasing him. "Charlie has talked alot about you this summer," George said. I laughed. Lee and Fred came back to the compartment. "Now that is outta here," Lee smirked. "I don't even wanna know what you did to him," I said. "What are you guys talking about?" Fred asked. "Charlie," George said. "Yeah he talks alot about you Ash," Fred grinned. "Oh shut up, he's so much older than me." I hitted his shoulder. "He's like 18 right?" George nodded and said: "And you're 14." Lee frowned. "I thought you were in your third year." "Yeah, I repeated my first year." "Why?" "None of your damn business," I growled. He made a surprised face. "Easy Ash, I was just asking." An awkward atmosphere spread in the compartment, no one was saying anything. "I'm sorry Lee," I apologised. "You didn't know, i just can't tell you okay?" He nodded understanding. "Anything from the trolley dears?" The old lady who passed asked. Fred got up and said loudly: "Yes please."

The train stopped and we took our trunks and walked out on the Hogsmeade platform. "FIRST YEARS THIS WAY." I could hear someone shouting, the rain slammed aggressively against our faces. "Hagrid!" I shouted. "Who's there?" He asked. "Me," I said. "ASHLEY." "Oh hello it's you, how're you?" "Good." I shouted. "What? Let's meet Saturday at my hut, it's impossible to hear anything in this rain." I gave him a thumbs up and tried to find an empty carriage, the others had already left. I saw Roger Davies and Grant Page, who I wasn't really friends with, but they both played on my quidditch team, standing outside a carriage. I walked over to them. "Hey guys." They looked at each other. "Uhm.. Hi," Roger answered. I knew that he was a bit angry that I was the captain of the team, even though he was older than me. I walked over to one of the thestrals and whispered: "Hi guys I've missed you, can you please take us to the castle." I was never sure that they understood me, but it nudged me playful with its head. I walked back to the other two. "Tell me again, why are we standing outside in the rain?" They looked kinda confused at me. "What were you doing just now?" Grant asked. I looked directly into his eyes and said: "Having a private conversation." I jumped into the carriage, they looked at each other but then followed me.

---

("Hey everybody, hope you guys like the story. I know not alot of things happen in this chapter. Please comment what you think.")