Book of Love [IM]: Chapter 6

"I'll try to hang out with you next time. When I feel like going out of my room back in Seoul." Lessey convinced Jooheon. "Please make it quick." He prayed. Lessey chuckled before leaving Jooheon's side, yet was stopped again by Hyungwon. "Oppa." She acknowledged. "Don't let Jooheon's hopes rise with your empty promises."
"I won't, oppa. I also want to try to go out more often for myself."

"I see you want to change." "I just wanted to feel what I lost for the past two years. Since I graduated. Hey, maybe I might get a job." She winked. "Or you might get a boyfriend." He teased.

Lessey cringed at the thought of getting herself into a relationship. She shrugged as a knowing disgusted look etched on her face, "I'm kidding." He laughed, crinkling his nose and eyes. Later, the girl joined him, lifting the mood. "I'll leave you, okay? Kihyun might be looking for my help." He said as he left Lessey's side.

She continued walking back inside, yet, an unknowing feeling crept on her heart.
Changkyun.

She turned back, searching his face somewhere. After the incident this morning, she can't seem to catch a glimpse of the boy. "Oppa. Have you seen Kyunnie?" She asked when she saw her own brother walking past. Hyunwoo thought before shrugging, "Maybe he's at the balcony?" He said before leaving Lessey at the porch. With her guts telling her to trust her brother's words, she went upstairs and towards the balcony. As she was by the doorframe, she felt the soft cool breeze of the sea hit her skin as she was greeted by his figure sitting on the couch. She looked at him.

And it was the first time she ever watched him without getting noticed. She studied how the sharpness of his nose became the best feature of his face in her eyes. How focused his eyes are on the page of the book he's reading. She studied how he sat on the couch effortlessly stunning to look at and how his hair softly followed the direction where the wind was blowing.

How those kissable lips of his pouted as he concentrated on the scenario of the book. She snapped back once she realized she was thinking too much. She shook her head before clearing her throat, "Catching up with your book?" She asked as she walked towards the figure of the boy.

She sat beside him when he scooted a space for her, "Yeah. I've ignored this since I came here-"

"Isn't that you're reading at the lighthouse? No?" "It was a different one." Changkyun said as he flipped the book to the cover. It was, well, a different book because of the title. "You brought two?"

"I did since the other book has 3 chapters left before the ending. I brought an extra because I might finish reading it, which I did." He answered with no sweat. Lessey nodded as her eyes focused on the book on Changkyun's hands. "Why are you here?" He asked. She looked back at him as she hummed in question.

Changkyun forgot the question as he got tongue-tied when he realized the proximity of their faces. Inches closer, he might be her first kiss. Their noses were almost touching and their gazes were locked. "I was just looking for you since I haven't seen you since this morning." She whispered as if they might disturb someone.

Changkyun's mind went blank as the insides of him became chaotic. His thoughts came back to what she said in the lighthouse yesterday when her heart fluttered, she blushed hard.

He then looked at her cheeks that are now dusted slightly with pink.

"Really?" He said smoothly without any embarrassment. He then cleared his throat. Lessey then realized their position, making her cheeks grew warmer, "Sorry about that-"

"What are you sorry about?" He cut her. "I was that close-"

"No, no. It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Why-"

"It's not that you're being invasive or something-" "Am I disturbing anything?" A new voice asked.

The two flinched as they turned to the direction of the voice. "You aren't disturbing anything, Minhyuk oppa." She said, Minhyuk nodded as he sat on the single couch beside them. "Why are you guys here alone?" He asked how a detective would ask.

"Hyung, on with your detective self on us?" "What? Can't I ask why are you two all on your own?"

"We were just talking oppa-"

"Uh-huh." "Really, hyung. She just came here-"

"Why are you both flustered? I just asked why are you two here when all of us are outside, waiting for the two of you. It's not like I asked you where you hide a victim's body." The older boy laughed. The two laughed nervously as they both looked at each other. "Or did you really hide a body?! Whose body is it?" Minhyuk's eyes widened.

"Oppa. We h-have nothing to hide. Promise." Lessey stuttered. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise hyung." Changkyun said as he raised his pinky. Minhyuk looked at them for a second or two before shrugging, "Okay. Hyunwoo hyung told us we'll leave now." He informed the two youngest before standing up. He then left first before the two tailed behind.

"Hyung. Here they are." Minhyuk announced. The rest turned to the three, "We'll have dinner in Seoul before we go to our separate homes. Just a little hang out before we won't see each other for the next months or before we accidentally bump into each other in the busy streets of Seoul." Kihyun said as they all nodded in agreement. "Where though?" Lessey asked.

"Hyunwoo hyung knows it. So no need to worry." Kihyun assured her. "So, see you in Seoul then." He dismissed before they all started to fill their own cars.

"See you later then." Lessey heard someone from behind her. She turned, "Sure thing, Kyunnie." She smiled at the boy as he walked backwards towards his brother's car. Before hopping in, he sent a soft smile and a wink towards Lessey.

The latter's cheeks grew warmer again as she felt her erratic heart beat. She quickly hid her face as she ran towards her brother's car. "I thought you'd stay." Hyunwoo jokes. "Oppa, you know I also have a life in Seoul."

"Yeah. I remembered a boring city life." He sarcastically said as he started the engine.

._.

Changkyun happily hummed the song playing on the stereo on the way back. Suspiciously, Minhyuk turned at him before turning at Jooheon, who's their current driver. "Did something good happen when we're in Sokcho?" He asked.

Jooheon briefly turned before looking back at the road, "The only eventful thing that happened there was when we met Hyunwoo hyung's sister-" Minhyuk snapped his fingers. He then turned back at their youngest. "How was Lessey?" He asked.

Changkyun stopped humming as he turned to his hyung, "She's... Fun to be with." He said, trying not to smile at the mere thought of the girl. "What did you do at the observatory?" He asked further.

The younger boy's eyes flashed happiness as his brother took interest in what he was doing. "Nothing much, hyung. We just had lunch together and read-hyung, did you know Lessey blushes so hard when her heart flutters?"

"What?"

"I thought you knew hyung." "Not that. You just had lunch with her yesterday?" Now Jooheon asked, reading Minhyuk's mind. Changkyun paused before slowly nodding his head with an answer, "Yes. Why hyung?"

"You're one lucky person. I remembered she's not that social to strangers-hey, remember back in university? She was supposed to be with Athena to meet us, but she found an excuse not to go?" Jooheon answered. "There's a reason, even Athena knew it was because Lessey needs to finish her thesis." Minhyuk answered.

"No, I feel like she made it an excuse not to go-" "Lessey doesn't lie though, hyung." Changkyun joined, making the two turned quickly to him. "How'd you know?" Minhyuk asked as Jooheon turned his eyes back on the road. "I just do." Changkyun shrugged.

"Aigoo, maknae. You're also something, huh?" Jooheon shook his head in disbelief. "You really did inherit your dad's genes." He continued.

"I do." Changkyun answered, "Hope they're in a good place now." He sighed.