Book of Love [IM]: Chapter 45

It's past midnight and there were only three players left playing. Lessey, Woobin and Johnny were done as they went bankrupt in the game. "You shouldn't gave up your assets to the bank, oppa. You should've passed it on me." Soojin pouted as she looked at his older brother. Johnny did nothing but chuckle at her comment.

"He's not indebted to you, Jinnie." Lessey pointed out. "The rule in the game said that the player who went bankrupt will surrender their assets to either the bank or other player who they were indebted with. Johnny oppa went bankrupt to the bank, so he has to pay it with his assets." She further explained.

"That's one detailed explanation, noona." Woobin said with eyes wide, surprised. "Obviously, that's how a law student explain legally." Changbin smugly said. Lessey groaned, "No, stop it, Binnie." She said as she hid herself again on Changkyun. "Bin, we know how Lessey hates people calling her that." Changkyun sided. Changbin laughed guiltily, "Sorry, noona." He apologized.

"He said sorry, love." Changkyun whispered in her ear, "I heard it, but obviously, my face is now red after that." She raised her head, pointing it out. "So, I'll still hide my face here." She said, burying her head. "Is it okay, though?" She asked, "Anything for love, it's fine by me." Changkyun shrugged.

"We call nicknames now, huh." She said. "Of course. I want to call you something that people can't call you-and I lost." He sighed.

"Wait, you did?" Lessey her head again to see the progress of the game. Indeed, she saw Changkyun's properties now under Changbin's name. "You're indebt with Changbin?!" She exclaimed. "Obviously, noona. We became partners and then-boom! He ran out of money." Changbin said.

"Stupid move, if you ask." Lessey said, turning her head towards Changkyun. "I'm sorry. Not the best move." He pouted. "Keep it in mind, Kyun. Changbin has a mind of a businessman. He's more advantageous than you."

"Hey, I also own a business!"

"Yeah, but you're still not the one holding it." Lessey stuck her tongue out. "You're really something, Les. More than I imagine." He said.

"What can I say? I am what I am, love." She mused.

._.

The game went on as Changbin and Soojin are now focused. Woobin yawned, "This is getting too long. It's already 2 am and I feel like my eyes are closing."

"Why don't you sign out for the day? The afterparty is done by now since people are leaving." Johnny said, looking at their surroundings, observing few people are still awake. "Maybe I should. Tell me who won tomorrow, hyung." Woobin said as he stood, ready to walk ahead.

"And I'm just going to join old folks over there." Johnny also said as he went to leave. Changkyun nodded, eyes still glued on the game.

"How about you, oppa? I'm sure you also want to go." Soojin said. Changkyun shook his head, "Can't. Lessey's sleeping. I don't want to-"

"Oppa, what I mean is that, you could also resign for the day since eonnie's already tired. Which one do you care the most? The game or Lessey eonnie who's now sleeping?" She pointed. Changkyun nodded as he didn't hesitate to carry Lessey like a bride. "Fine, We'll resign for the day. Tell Johnny hyung we already went." He said as he started to leave.

The two siblings waved him goodbye before they continued the game while Changkyun went to the elevator.

Waiting for it to open, Changkyun looked at the girl in his arms, "I can't believe you're my girlfriend." He said, smiling. Lessey stirred her head.

"You don't know how you made me happy ever since we met." He continued as the elevator door opened, leading to the penthouse. He then brought Lessey up to their bedroom. Once laid, he stood to get a cloth for him to wipe her makeup off when he felt a hand stopped him, "Where are you going?" She mumbled.

"I'm going to get a cloth to wipe your-" "Stay for a bit." She cut him. "Why?"

"I want cuddles."

"You always do." He chuckled softly. "Yes, but please? Just for 10 minutes, and I'll go wash up." She said, now her eyes half opened. Changkyun sighed, "Fine." He said and went to lie down on the bed with her. Lessey didn't hesitate to pull him to her. Now with her hands on his torso and Changkyun's hand were on her waist while the other served as her pillow, Lessey sighed in contentment. "That's more like it." She said.

Minutes of silence hugged them as they both listened to their breathing and heartbeats engulfing them with warmth. "I can't believe we're leaving." She muttered. Changkyun heard it, "Yeah. I can't believe it like three days ago we were excited going on a trip together. Now, we have to go back home."

"Oh, and happy birthday. Were you surprised about my gift to you?" Lessey asked, now smiling like an idiot. "Was the cheesecake your surprise? Because if that is, I gotta say, I am surprised."

"No. My answer."

"Was that part of the surprise?" Changkyun asked, looking at her, "Yes. I told you before we come here, you'll know my answer. Did you forgot about that specific discussion?" Lessey explained. Changkyun hesitated, his mind racking about that topic from two days ago, "You don't remember, do you?" She asked, now her system fully awake. "I thought you never forget the times we spent together. Now I'm getting suspicious of you, Kyun." She continued.

"I don't...remember." He trailed off. Lessey gasped, "You don't?! I should take my answer back then." She said, rolling to the other side of the bed.

"Wait. Hold on. Please, Les. Don't leave me!" Changkyun whined as he tried to pull her back beside him, "Did you-" "Of course, I didn't. Especially the part of when you told me you'll answer me three days from then. So, I have to make our last day special." He explained. Lessey turned to him, her wrist still held captive by his hand, "You're not lying?" Lessey asked. "Why would I lie, love? You know I'm an open book to you." He said as he gently pulled her back. Lessey did nothing but sighed, letting Changkyun pull her to him.

"It's 10 minutes already." Lessey said, her voice muffled because of Changkyun hugging her tightly. "It's 10 minutes already? It's seems fast." He said, "You have to let me go so that I could do my night routine." She said as she started to push him. "No." He whined,

"Please, Kyun. I need to wash up." She groaned, "Don't worry, I'll come back after I finish washing up." She convinced. "Pinky promise?" He asked, raising his pinkie. Lessey rolled her eyes as she smiled, "Pinkie promise." She interlocked her pinkie and thumb with him. He smiled in contentment before Lessey left her side.