Chapter Three: Teamwork

One of my stone Golems walked over and sat next to my bed.

"What is it, Fenrir?" I asked. He opened his mouth, and I could here everything Ethan was saying. Because Fenrir was a stone Golem, he was connected to the Earth around him, so I could hear everything going on when he opened his mouth.

"Mines. Of course. First a castle, then a creepy ass dollhouse, now mines. Perfect. What, am I going to go down into the core of the Earth?!" Ethan muttered, and I couldn't help but to giggle. His sarcasm was great! I sat up fully in my bed, and waited for Ethan to find his way to my bedroom. He had just made it into my hall of Crystal Figurines, when he spoke up again. "Aw geez, does she turn people into crystals?? Come on, I'm too old for this shit!" I began to laugh. Finally, after about twenty minutes, he wandered to my bedroom door, but he couldn't open it. I smiled.

"Elias, it's alright. You can let him in." I said, and Elias, my wood Golem who guarded my door, moved to the left. I got myself into my crystal chair, just as Ethan opened my door. He immediately aimed his gun at me, and I held my hands up in surrender. "Hey, hey, easy. I'm on your side." I said.

"Yeah right! Like I'm going to fall for that!" He said.

"I am. Look, I'll tell you right where the last flask is. I want to give it to you." I said. He lowered his gun a little.

"...You do?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Just let me walk past you, and I'll take you to my part of Rose." I said. He nodded.

"Alright. I'm trusting you." He said, fully lowering his gun. I smiled, and left my room, with Ethan following closely behind me. We walked past my figurines, and I looked back at him. 

"No, I haven't turned people into crystal. These are special figurines that I made." I said.

"You heard that?" He asked. I nodded.

"I can hear anything being said in my mines with the help of my stone Golems. I made these figurines to depict the life I want, but can't have." I said. He looked at my figurines, each one depicting a different stage in the life I wanted with Karl: Marriage, dates, starting a family, having a child...

"Why can't you have it?" He asked. I snorted.

"Because of that evil bitch Miranda!" I growled. He frowned a little.

"Isn't she your Mother or something?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Not biologically, no. But she certainly doesn't see me as a daughter! I'm just another failed experiment that turned out slightly better than most to her." I muttered. Ethan was silent, and soon we came up Quetzal. "Here. Rose's heart is here." I said. He frowned and looked at me.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?!" He growled.

"No! Let me explain. One of my powers is Golem creation. I can make living creatures out of any inanimate object that are devoted to serving me. This is Quetzal." I said. As soon as I said his name, Quetzal stood. "I created Quetzal out of sapphires, and I placed a special indentation in his chest, covered by this small door. I took Rose's crystallized heart and placed it inside Quetzal to keep her safe. Her essence now flows through him. Essentially, he is your daughter in the form of a Golem. Now, once you're ready to take out her heart, you need to say these words." I said, and handed him a piece of paper with the words 'Rose's heart is home' on them. "Don't say it before then, otherwise I can't guarantee her safety outside of Quetzal. Once you take out her heart, he will become inactive, as guarding Rose's hear is his sole duty." I said.

"...You really went to a lot of trouble to help me and my daughter. Why?" He asked. I sighed.

"Look. We aren't the bad guys here...well at least, Heisenberg and I aren't. We didn't ask for this. Miranda had us killed, then experimented on our bodies with a parasite she calls Cadou. It revived us and turned us into her own personal monsters. With all the other people in the village, it turns them into Lycans, the wolf like creatures swarming the village. The five of us you've already met just got lucky and took to it better. Though Heis and I hardly consider it lucky..." I said.

"Uh...Heis?" He asked. I blushed a little.

"Oh, sorry. Heisenberg. That's just what I call him." I said. He looked back at my figures, then over to me.

"You love him, don't you?" He asked. I sighed, twisting the ring on my finger around. It was made out of scrap metal, that Heis had crafted into a ring. I had made him a ring out of an emerald.

"Yeah. I do. Look, we aren't actually siblings. Miranda most definitely doesn't actually view us as her kids. He and I bonded over out hatred of her, and...it kinda went from there. Look, all I want is to be able to leave this village and live a normal life with him. I don't even remember what my life was like before I was killed by Alcina. This is all I know now, and I want to change that. I'll help you fight Miranda in anyway I can." I said. Ethan nodded.

"Thank you. I really appreciate that." He said. I looked up at Quetzal.

"Alright Quetzal, you're going to go with Ethan now. I want you to protect and defend him as best you can, and get Rose's heart to the altar safely, okay? Once you safely deliver her heart, I want you to come home. Until then, you serve Ethan." I said. Quetzal nodded.

"You are really attached to these statues..." He said. I laughed a little.

"Yeah. They're all like my children. I created them, I take care of them. I love them like they are my children, which is certainly more than I can say for Miranda." I said. Quetzal walked over to Ethan. "There, you should be all set. Remember, I'm here if you need me." I said. He nodded.

"I'll remember that. Thank you." He said. And with that, Ethan and Quetzal walked out of my mines. I sighed.

"Maiden, let me know when Ethan goes off to face Heisenberg. I might have to stop a fight."