Chapter 15: Epilogue

"So that's why you guys are my Mommy and Daddy?" Rosie asked. I nodded.

"Yes, my love. You're biological Mom, that is, the Mom you were born to, didn't think she could take care of you the best she could, so she let us take care of you. And we are so grateful she did!" I said, and hugged her tightly. Heis ruffled her hair.

"Yep. We love you a lot, Squirt!" He said. She laughed.

"I love you guys too!" She said. With that, Heis put Leo back to sleep, and I settled Rosie back into bed. After another tight hug, Heis and I went to bed too. After that, we tried to get back to life as usual, but things didn't quite work out that way. The BSAA found us soon after that episode, and they wanted to take Rosie from us. Their excuse was that she would soon develop 'powers that we wouldn't know how to handle'. What they didn't know was that Heis and I had powers too. Or that Chris had warned us about them already. That while he had helped create this anti-bio-terror organization, that they were fallen and corrupt, and had even started using bioweapons themselves. They didn't want to help Rosie. They wanted to take her and turn her into a weapon. And over my dead body would that happen. I called my Dad and Uncle Chris, and they helped move us out of the house quickly. Our little family ended up moving to Japan next. There were quite a few countries that no longer worked with the BSAA, and Japan was one of them. So, we started learning Japanese and teaching Rosie Japanese. She picked it up very quickly, and settled in just as quick, which I was thankful for. I didn't want to have to keep moving her and Leo around to stay away from the BSAA, but I'm hoping this will be the last move. We settled in a home just outside of Tokyo and went into the city often. After a few years, Heis and I welcomed our next children, twins: Ethan Winter Heisenberg and Blair Marie Heisenberg. When we brought them home, Rosie and Leo were bouncing on their heels, waiting to see them.

"Mom, can we see them??" Rosie asked.

"Please? Please?" Leo echoed. I laughed. 

"Yes, yes, come on, let's go into the living room!" I said. Heis and I sat down on the couch, while Rosie and Leo squeezed in between us. 

"Do you kids wanna hold 'em?" Heis asked. They both nodded, so we helped them hold their new siblings. They both looked enchanted, it was so sweet! I quickly took a picture for the family photo album. thankfully, the BSAA left us along, probably because they couldn't even get into Japan. Word had spread very quickly of their fall from grace, so they couldn't get into many countries anymore, so that was a saving grace for us. Rosie's powers were starting to show, so Heis and I did the best we could to teach her, including showing her our own powers so she didn't fell alone. As it would turn out, Leo inherited my Crystallokinesis, Ethan inherited Heis's control over metal, and Blair inherited my Golem creation, so we had to each them how to use their powers. Speaking of Golem's, Quetzal was Rosie's best friend and protector. She rarely went anywhere without him. Life finally settled into place and became the life Heis and I had always dreamed of. And, with some help from therapy, Miranda no longer held a grip on our lives. Finally...we were free.