Chapter Twelve: Welcome Leo

(A/N: just a quick trigger warning for the beginning, where the character gives birth! I know that's a phobia, so I'll put another A/N when it's over!)

"I swear, you're never touching me again!!" I growled, crushing Heis's hand in mine. He chuckled a little.

"What about that big family we wanted, Darlin'?" He asked. I glared at him.

"We're adopting!" I snapped. My doctor laughed. 

"I hear that quite often from my patients! You're doing just fine, Honey." She said. Once the pain ebbed off, I sighed and leaned back against my bed pillows. 

"I am not into this..." I muttered, making both Heis and my doctor laughed.

"No woman ever is, Sweetheart. But the ending is always worth it." She said. After that, it took about five hours before our son was ready to enter the world. "Aright Winnie, on the next contraction you need to push." She said. I nodded and did as she said. 

"Oh, f--k you, Karl, this is all your fault!" I said. He laughed.

"Yep. All my fault." He said. 

"Just a couple more pushes Winnie, and you'll have your little boy!" My doctor said. And she was right. Three more pushes, and they placed my baby on my chest! 

(A/N: Trigger warning over!)

I smiled happily and began to cry. "Oh my, Heis look at him! He's beautiful!" I said. Heis laughed, hugging me to him. 

"Yeah...he's perfect." He said. After a few minutes, they took him to get him cleaned up. Soon, he was swaddled up in a blue blanket with a little blue hat and handed back to me.

"Oh he's gorgeous! Hello Leon Christopher! Oh, we've waited so long for you!" I said. Heis placed a hand on his head. 

"Gee kid...I didn't think this life could get any better." He said. We spent about thirty minutes alone, just the three of us, before there was a knock on our door.

"Come in!" I called. The door opened, and Dad poked his head in.

"Hey Sweetheart. Are you feeling up to visitors? Someone is getting antsy to meet her little brother!" He said, and I laughed.

"Sure, you guys can come in." I said. He nodded, then opened the door. Dad walked in, then Uncle Chris walked in holding Rose's hand. I smiled. "Hey Rosie." I said, calling her by the nickname I had taken to giving her. "Come here an meet your little brother." I said. Heis gently picked her up and sat her on my lap. Rosie looked at Leo for a minute before smiling a little.

"He looks like one of my baby dolls!" She said, keeping her voice quiet. I laughed a little. 

"Yeah, but he's much more fragile than your dolls. Would you like to hold him?" I asked. She looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Can I Mama?" She asked. I smiled.

"Of course! But I'm gonna have to help you, okay?" I asked. She nodded. Heis settled her on my lap, and I settled Leo into her arms, as I held her arms up. "Here, you support his head like this, okay? His neck muscles are really weak right now, so he needs help holding his head up." I said. She nodded and held him just the way I showed her. She smiled.

"I really like him Mama!" She said. I laughed.

"Good, I'm glad!" I said. She moved his blanket down a bit, just in time for him to grab ahold of her finger. Her eyes widened, and she sat there for a minute, frozen in place. Then, she said:

"Mama, I love him!" I smiled more, wiping my tears away. Thankfully, after just a couple days, we were able to take Leo home. Heis and I got in a routine relatively quickly, since we had a bit of experience from Rose when she was a baby. Rosie loved helping me out, she was always fetching a clean diaper, or her brother's bottle when I needed it, she even shared her stuffed monkey with him! She would lay on the floor and play with him when I put him down for Tummy Time, and she loved to read him stories, often ones she had made up herself. I was so excited to see them grow up together! I was watching her read Leo a story, when Heis wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"...We did good." He said. I smiled.

"Yeah. We did."