Chapter 3: Who Is That Lurking In The Shadows

He noticed a figure dressed all in black and piercing eyes that would penetrate the soul of any living creature. They were getting closer to the detective, within a blink they were right in front of him, "Detective we need your help." The figure stated and began to lead the detective through the turns and the bends of the sewer maze. Until they reached a great vast metal door with a small component on the side. The door had a sign saying do not enter: dangerous. But they ignored the warning sign to find themselves in an underground secret lair filled with high-tech specialized equipment. There was a large oval table in the centre of a room near the detective, "In here." The figure told the detective whilst pointing at the room.

The table had 4 large chairs all evenly spaced around the vast table. The figure from previously pointed at a chair for the detective to sit in. The other chairs had already been occupied by 3 dark figures unrecognisable to the detective. The figure at the far on the table switched on a TV that blurted out, "Turnip Tortoise has struck again." "So who is the Turnip Tortoise guy then." The detective murmured.  "Turnip Tortoise is the most evil man in the world." Replied the man. "In fact, he took away my family.." The Detective tried to scratch his head but he just hit his hand on the pineapple. "Who even are you?" The Detective was getting bored. "ME? I'm the Captain, this is Lucky Ducky, this is Sprout Fish, our other friend isn't here today." He said the last part with a different tone of voice, but the Detective couldn't tell if it was anger, sorrow or both. "Okay, I'm gonna call you.... CAPTAIN EGG ZEBRA!"

Detective Pineapple was soon heading home, if you could even call it a home. He entered the building and, on his tippy toes, tried to sneak past his neighbours apartment. He eventfully tripped on his own foot and slammed right into his peeling door. He reached for the rusty handle and went inside-

-and got kneed in the groin. He went down like a sack of bricks, moaning in pain as a man hovered over him. "Well hiya Detective. How's life, huh? Doin' good?" The man spoke in a thick Australian accent, it was extremely annoying. "What? Not gonna have a chat, alright then, be like that!" The man kicked him in the shoulder and he went rolling. He crawled into his bedroom and picked up the closest thing to him and used it as a weapon, unfortunately for him, the closest thing was an old flip flop. Before he could presume his legendary battle... He woke up to the sound of his annoying alarm clock. It was a dream.