The announcement

Ritsuka is chilling in his room when out of nowhere his sister comes into his room and says "meet us in the living room I have an announcement to make"
Secretly he is hoping Yayoi will announce she is moving out. He slowly gets out of bed and walks to the living room. He is greeted by his parents who are on the sofa, and he looks over and sees Koji Yatake. He knows they were dating but he had no idea what was going to happen next.
Yayoi walks over to Koji and signals him to stand up. He stands up and grabs Yayoi's hand which had a ring on it that Ritsuka didn't notice at first. Yayoi proceeds to announce that they are engaged! The parents are thrilled at the news. "Hah"?! Ritsuka exclaims, you could tell he was shocked. "So you're gonna move out"?! Asked Ritsuka in a excited voice. He doesn't 100% get along with his sister. So this was something he was looking forward to. "Well yes, eventually". Pure bliss was shown on Ritsuka's face.
Their dad goes and asks when the wedding will be, " hopefully this year" they both say. "Do you know where you want to have it"? Their mom asks. "We would like to have it at a nice hotel near the beach" Koji mentions. "At the moment we are working on the theme and the guest list, so we need to pick a day that will be convenient for everyone" Says yayoi. "But right now we have to head out, my parents are expecting us" Koji says as he is grabbing his bag and walking towards the door. Yayoi grabs her purse and runs after him after telling her parents bye, but before she does that Ritsuka grabs her and quietly tells her "congratulations". It shocked her a bit because he usually doesn't care to say nice things to her. (It's a siblings thing) She smiles and replies with a "thank you." "Yayoi! You coming"? Says Koji as he peeks his head in the door. "Ah! Yes I'll be right there." They both leave and the parents are excitedly planning their own version of the wedding. Ritsuka walks to his room, he pulls out his phone after he hears a notification. It's mafuyu.

Mafuyu: Hey, are you busy right now?

Ritsuka: no, why? What's up

Mafuyu: I was just wondering if you would want to get something to eat with me

Ritsuka: sure, when and where?

Mafuyu: in 30 mins? At the cafe on ####

Ritsuka: ok, sounds good. See you there.

Mafuyu: love you ☺️
....................................................................................
Ritsuka: I love you too

____________________________________

Thanks for reading this first chapter!