Last minute Cafe date

Ritsuka puts his phone down, and changes into something a little nicer then what he slept in. Looking nervously in the mirror, he takes a deep breath and confidently walks out of his room. He says bye to his parents (who are now deciding baby names). "Why are they deciding baby names for Yayoi and Koji when they aren't even married yet.. uh never mind " he grabs his wallet and walks out of the door. "I have some time to kill, it's only been 10 mins since he texted me, and the cafe is only 5 minutes from my house." Ritsuka thought. He is walking down the sidewalk where there are some stores on the side, a store caught his eye. A little white Pomeranian plushy is sitting in the window of a toy shop. He stops and stares and realized the reason it caught his eye was because mafuyu reminds him of a Pomeranian, and the fact he owns a white one that looks similar. Ritsuka decided he would buy it for him. He walked in, grabbed it, and then paid for it. Ritsuka thought "should I just give it to him like this or put it in a gift bag"? He walked more towards the cafe, and he saw a gift shop, "surely they would have gift bags". Ritsuka walked into the shop and only saw a few bags most of them were sold out. Until he saw an orange and white one that had no writing on it. The other ones had words on it like (happy birthday) or (get well soon). Ritsuka checked the time and realized he spent to much time looking for bags, took it, paid, and ran. As he is running he put the dog in the bag along with some white tissue paper it came with. Once he saw the cafe he started speed walking to make it seem like he didn't run a half of a mile to get to the cafe, but it didn't do much because he looked like he ran a marathon. Ritsuka didn't see mafuyu there yet so he walked in by himself and got a table for two. Nervously awaiting him to be there, he thought, "was there something he wanted to talk to me about"? He was concerned it was something important, and so he started over thinking everything. His train of thought broke when he saw mafuyu in the corner of his eye. Ritsuka got his head together eventually. Mafuyu saw Ritsuka, gave him a smile, and then sat down in front of him at the table. Mafuyu asked if he ordered anything yet, but he didn't. After they ordered Ritsuka remember that he had a gift for Mafuyu. He grabbed it and then put it on the table. Ritsuka looked at him confidently and then saw his face. Mafuyu looked speechless. Mafuyu looked at the bag funny. Ritsuka slowly turned it around and it had the words," HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" on it. Ritsuka looked at it, then slowly looked up with his face bright red, to see mafuyu trying to hold back his laughter. Ritsuka put his head on the table from embarrassment. "How did I not see the words on there" he mumbled to himself. Mafuyu grabbed the bag and opened it, the sound of him opening the bag made Ritsuka look up to see mafuyu taking the plush out of the bag. He blushed at it and then said "thank you" in a kind soft voice, but then felt bad because he didn't get anything for him. Before mafuyu could say anything about him not getting anything Ritsuka, he said " oh yea. why did you out of no where invite me to the cafe, was there something you needed to talk about."
"No not anything specific. I just wanted to see you that's all." "Oh" Ritsuka replied. "I guess that over thinking was all for nothing." He added. "Hm"? Asked mafuyu. "Oh nothing, that's right my sister just got engaged." Ritsuka said to take the focus off his previous words. "Oh! Congratulations to her, it's take-Chan, right?" "Yeah" Ritsuka added. "Do you know when the wedding is"? Mafuyu asked. "Nah, she just announced it today" said Ritsuka. "Well anyway tell her I said congratulations" mafuyu said.
"Mkay" Ritsuka replied.
It was getting late and the boys are done eating. They decide to go home since school is tomorrow. They pay the bill then go separate ways. Before Ritsuka walked to far away mafuyu ran up to him and said,"see you tomorrow" followed by a kiss on the cheek. Mafuyu continues to go in the opposite direction holding his bag. Though it made him nervous he is glad that mafuyu kissed him.
____________________________________

Thank you so much for reading this page/chapter!

       I'm still new at wattpad so bare with me.