(ARCHIVED) A Fated Meeting

AN:

I changed my writing style a bit to see if I could write a little better this way. I hope you can enjoy reading.

I added a few gifs (on wattpad) to emphasize the damage during the chapter. Tell me if you guys think I should keep them or not.

Chapter four: A Fated Meeting

A few minutes before Subaru's awakening.

"Damn it I'm falling asleep again..." Subaru contemplated falling into the endless abyss. As his body and mind seemed to separate from each other, he started to think about what Yasilence said:

"Kill Reinhardt Van Astrea"

"He made it sound so simple, but how am I actually supposed to accomplish that..." Subaru pondered, frustrated.

Reinhardt was no easy man to kill and Subaru knew that; by the looks of the Royal Guards' faces when he showed up to fight Elsa he could easily tell Reinhard was known throughout the world as some kind of god when it came to strength, he even most likely had the God, Yasilence, beat when it came to sheer power. Although he wanted nothing more than for that pitiful Sword Saint to die for the pain and exhaustion he caused him, Subaru could tell the difference in their strength was immeasurable, even with the power Satella gave him. It was an insufferable task; to end the Sword Saint's life, but in the end, he had no other choice but to try.

Subaru sighed as he grabbed his face, he could tell he had his work cut out for him. "Maybe I should try to find her too..."

His thoughts drifted towards "Satella", the girl he'd loved for all this time; Subaru wanted to know who exactly she was. After receiving the witch of Envy's memories he knew this girl who used the alias "Satella'' was trying to protect her identity from him. But why would she do that? Did she still not trust him with her real name even after dying eighty-eight times? Those thoughts wandered through his head all that time Satella's demon half kept him in purgatory. Now that he was out and could leave his cell would she finally tell him her real name? Subaru's thoughts wandered in circles, no matter how much he tried he just couldn't forget her...

"I'm tired..." Subaru thought, struggling to keep his eyes open.

Looking up, Subaru could see nothing but an endless pool of black, it was like he had fallen into a pool of black slime, his arms flailing upwards, his eyes dimly looking at its surroundings. It looked as if there was no sign of any lively object with colors and hints of life.

"When will this end...?" Subaru uttered as his eyes closed slowly...

"You did well to survive all that, didn't you?" a woman's voice called out to Subaru in a calm tone. "Looking at you now almost makes releasing her worth it"

"I recognize this voice... I can't remember where..." Subaru thought as his eyes opened wide and he grabbed his head once more. "Who... are you?" he questioned, struggling to put his thoughts together as the strain on his mind became greater.

"Could I be imagining this voice?" Subaru thought, looking for the source of the voice talking to him.

"You should be grateful for that witch, if not for her constant pestering you would still be trapped down there," the unknown woman confessed, ignoring his previous question.

"I- ugnh" Subaru grunted as he struggled even more to maintain his thoughts. Even thinking about talking gave him a migraine, the only thing he could do now was listen to the woman's words.

"Aw, looks like the effects from the unsealing are already starting to work... I wish we could have more time to talk... " she muttered in a sad tone. "Oh I know, you should come to the sanctuary... I know you have lots of questions; I'd be more than happy to answer them there. Oh, I wonder what kinds of questions you'll have!" the unknown woman queried in an ecstatic voice.