Part 20:

Sanyukta helped herself in his room.. She placed her suitcase  in a corner, and threw herself on the sofa.. Randhir had no clue what was happening in his own house.. He was perplexed, one would have seen a bad failure of their own plan, but Randhir was seeing it back firing right infront of his eyes.. He wanted her to vacate the house, using the ghost stuff as a bahana but she had instead gotten into his own house using the same bahana.. “Shit.. I thought ghost would be my savior in driving her out of the apartment but yaha toh ulta ghost khud hi aa gayi mere saat rehne.. Ab kya karu?” his mind mocked at him..

Randhir gathered some courage and proceeded towards a lazy yawning Sanyukta, who had her crossed legs placed above the table.. “Hello.. Is this some kind of a dharamshala? Its my house, damn it.. Just get the hell out of here” he ordered.. She sprung up and changed her carefree expression to a feared one.. “Randhir.. “ his eyes were stuck on her when she called him by his name.. It sounded different, when it came from her mouth.. “Mein nai jaungi waha.. You know na, waha bhoottt hai..I am so scared” she teased him just the way he did with her..

“Hey Listen.. Waha..” he controlled himself from speaking further. His male ego didn’t let him accept the fact that he had actually lied to her.. “Waha kya?” she poked..

“Kuch nai.. Whatever it is, its your house.. You pay the rent and hence you need to deal with it.. Just grab your stuff and get lost..” his face beamed with anger.. "No Randhir.. I ll not go there.. Aaj toh mein yahi soungi yahiii..." She fell on his bed and closed her eyes, pretending to sleep.. It raised his blood pressure to the highest level.. "How dare you to sleep on my bed? Get down Warna utake bahar fekh dunga.." He approached her.. "With pleasure.." She opened her arms and invited him to lift her.. "Why can't you simply accept the fact that you lied? Unless you do, I am not leaving.." She said to herself..

"Goddddd... What should I do now?" He was frustrated.. "Randhir.. Go there and suit yourself.. Sofa should be fine for you.. I am sleeping.. Tada.." She pulled the bed sheet over her and covered her face.. She was all smiles inside, when she imagined his annoyed expression..

Randhir was left with no other option, but to curse himself for formulating such a plan.. "I should control my anger for tonight.. Kal Dekh lunga Isse.. Aaj toh iss sofe se hi Kaam chalana padega.." His body was too tired and was begging him to give it some rest.. He gave one final glare at her and lied down on sofa.. The next minute, he heard a scream that would have brought down the roof on any given day.. "Ahhhhhhh...!"  Randhir sprung up from the sofa, only to find a screaming Sanyukta, running all over his room, she was yelling something.. It took almost 2 mins for Randhir to realize that she was running all over, screaming "Chipkali..!!!!" It was as if she had seen a snake.. Randhir went after her, sake kept running, after a good long 5 mins, Randhir finally caught hold of her.. "Listen.. It's just a Chipkali.. Not a Godzilla, that you are pulling a PT Usha here.. Samjhi!" She screamed "Randhir.. It was in my bed.. Ab pata nai kaha Gaya woh.. I am not sleeping until you find it out.." She nodded her head in a No..

"Hmmm.. Now that's your problem.. If you wanna sleep, you can sleep, else just go look around for the Chipkali.. I am sleeping.." He turned... She held his hand.. "Excuse me.. I am neither sleeping nor letting you to sleep, until we find out that Chipkali.. If you don't co-operate with me in this mission, then you ll have to face the consequences such as "Hearing me sing in my loudest voice possible" Beware..!" She warned.. Having heard her scream just a while ago, he preferred taking up the task of finding the Chipkali rather than hearing her sing.. He turned on all the lights in the room, and went to each and every corner hoping to spot the "Villain of the night" somewhere.. The way, Randhir bent down in every corner looking for the lizard made her laugh... She controlled it somehow and patted her back "Ache se dundo Kuch bhi nai milega.. Lizard Hoga tabhi milega na.. Good job Sanyukta.. You spoiled the initial part of my night let me spoil the latter part of yours.." She giggled.. There was no stopping Randhir.. He scanned nook and corner of the room, all he could find was a mosquito, but there was no sign of any lizard.. "Dash..!" He called.. She rushed to him.. "Ache se dekh.. Yeh mosquito hai, lizard nai.." The way he said that, made her smile.. He was so cute.. Any girl would fall for her cuteness, had he cut that arrogance from his behavior.. "No.. It was a lizard.. I am sure.. Search properly.." She ordered..

"I am your boss damn it.. You better behave yourself.." He protested, the next moment, his voice softened looking at her innocent face "Dund raha hu..".. He tried searching the damn lizard for few more mins and finally retired on the floor.. "Not anymore.." Sanyukta was sitting on the bed, admiring her arrogant enemy.. "I don't think he is that bad.. Jitna rude apne aap ko dikhane Ki koshish karta hai na, utna rude hai nai yeh asal me.." She smiled..

Randhir couldn't go on anymore.. It was already 2 AM in the morning.. He switched off the lights, and turned towards his sofa.. As soon as the lights went off, Sanyukta rushed upto him and hugged him tight.. Her body was shivering.. He could feel her heart beating so fast.. This was their second hug of the night.. It was very unusual for Randhir.. He couldn't hold himself back from comforting her.. Few minutes into the hug, he could feel her relaxing slowly, she wasn't shivering anymore, her heartbeat was back to normal.. It felt as if she had found solace in the right arms.. She felt protected.. Randhir slowly broke the hug, and cupped her face with his palm, his fingers unknowingly wiped her tears.. They could see each other even in the dark.. Randhir leaned forward a bit and reached for her lips, she closed her eyes.. They felt detached from the outer world.. Randhir tilted his head and moved closer...