Part 24:

Randhir's mind wasn't stable.. It kept thinking of two alternatives.. What if she isn't there? Where do I go and search for her? Oh well, what if she's in there? What would she think of me? How am I supposed to knock at her door at 9 PM in the night? Won't she think I am a bad guy? The last question brought a kiddish smile on his face.. "As if she had been thinking highly of me earlier.. Of course I am bad.. Mujhe Khud pata hai.." He had been smiling a lot more than his usual routine.. Earlier, it used to be once in a week or may be a month.. Since the day, Sanyukta entered his life, he had learnt to smile every damn day.. In a way, he was smiling away his past.. When Randhir reached the Gate, the watchman was as usual asleep.. He was smiling all to himself.. "Probably he is seeing Rakhi Sawant in his dreams" Randhir sighed.. Even his sense of humour seemed to have made a comeback..

One must have expected Randhir to be in fiery mood after what had happened that evening.. But he wasn't.. Something in him had calmed him down.. Though what he tried proving turned out to be right, but the method he adopted wasn't right.. Even Randhir couldn't deny that.. When he is wrong, he is wrong.. He just needed someone to point it out and she rightly did.. Somewhere down his heart, his anger had been smacked by his concern for her.. Intentionally or unintentionally he had hurt her.. "I know what I need to do if she is home.. " he paused for a while.. "I need to say sorry.. "She would definitely yell at me, but I am here only to say sorry.. I will say that and leave the place at once" he decided..

Sanyukta's flat was on the second floor right opposite to Randhir's flat.. He never even waited for the lift.. He took two steps, at a time, even three to reach her flat in a flash.. Before getting close to the flat, he quickly glanced at himself from top to bottom.. Last time when he had come there, he had missed his pants.. He had almost made her faint.. "Jacket.. Pants.. Shoes.. Oh.. I have them all this time" he mumbled with a slighter smile.. When he reached, he found the lights were off, the door wasn't locked from outside.. It meant she was home.. He stood there for a while trying to concentrate.. There was absolutely no signs of any movement inside the flat.. He pulled his mobile phone and dialled her number.. It kept ringing, after a few rings, call got disconnected by itself.. "May be she doesn't wanna talk to me? Is she ignoring me? How dare she?" He placed his ear in the door knob and rested his finger on the door bell by mistake.. Next moment, the door opened in a flash and he had been swallowed in... "Ouch!" When he opened his eyes, he was comfortably resting in her arms.. Yes, she had been holding him from falling down.. Her eyes were warm and he could see her lips curving up.. Randhir closed his eyes tightly and opened it again, assuming it to be a dream.. But no, she was still there standing tall, holding him firm..

Randhir got up in a jiffy.. It had been such an embarrassing moment of his life.. Atleast he thought it was.. "She would have guessed that I had been overhearing.. I am sure.." He looked down.. "Nah she doesn't look that smart.." His mind giggled.. "Sir..!" Sanyukta called him..

"Sir?!?" Randhir looked behind him, "Is she calling someone else or it's indeed me?" He wondered.. "Sirrr!" She called again.. "Oh it's indeed me then.." He turned to look at her.. "Am I not evil anymore? Don't I look scary? I expected her to yell but here she turns up with a 'Sir'" so many questions were pondering over him..

"Sir aap kya kar rahe hai yaha pe iss Waqt?" There she was.. She had asked the very same question to which Randhir had zero answers.. Still he had to defend himself.. His ego wasn't letting him to accept the face that he had been overhearing.. "Hmmm.. Kuch tha tumhare door pe.. I was just removing it.." He had put up a lame excuse..

Randhir's eyes fell on her hand that he had injured.. Sanyukta caught his eye.. "Kya tha door pe, sir?" She wasn't letting him go.. "Hmmm kaha na.. Kuch tha matlab Kuch tha.. Kuch Kuch tha.. Aur Kuch mat pucho tum" He was blabbering and he was totally aware of it.. Sanyukta bit her tongue in order to prevent it from bursting out with laughter..

"Ok sir.. Waise aap yeh Karne aaye tey yaha? Matlab door saat Karne?" It was so hard to control her laughter still she did.. Randhir's ego got a bit hurt with that comment.. "Oh hello who do you think I am? A carpenter? Mere paas koi Kaam nai hai kya tumhare door saat Karne ke alawa?" He said in a hurry..

"Aap hi ne toh kaha.. Ok anyways aapko Kuch chahiye kya?" She asked again..

"Yes.. Your hand.." He blurted out.. Sanyukta's eyes widened in surprise.. "You want my hand?" She looked at Randhir.. His eyes met hers.. "Yes.." He replied, glancing at her hand.. She offered her hand unknowingly and he held it at once.. He kept caressing the injured part.. His lips so wanted to utter the word sorry but somehow he couldn't let his male ego surrender in front of her.. Neither of them how long they had stood that way holding each other's hand.. A distant church bell came hard to bring them back from their trance.. Randhir realized at once what he had just blabbered and tried compensating it with a "I want your hand.. Hmmm.. Handful of woh..." His eyes scanned the room behind her and he pointed out at her dressing table.. Sanyukta turned to look at the direction he had pointed.. "Woh?!? Are you sure?" She asked.. He nodded hurriedly in a yes..

"Okay hold on.." She came back within few second with the "woh" he had pointed.. She removed the cap, caught hold of his hand and released the contents of the "woh" in his hands until his hand was full.. Randhir's mouth opened in a Awww when he actually realized what it was.. He couldn't deny it now though.. Sanyukta smiled.. "So here you go.. With a handful of Fair and Lovely.. Ghora ghora nihar.."

Randhir immediately turned to face away from her, blurted out a "Thanks" and jumped down the stairs.. In a flash, he had reached his apartment.. He couldn't help but laugh at his "khand" he had just performed..

Randhir looked at the fairness cream he had borrowed from her, so late at the night and imitated "ghora ghora nihar" in her voice and bursted out laughing.. There she was, laughing hard holding her stomach "Fair and Lovely!!!" .. This was a sign of a good omen that had started to knock their doors..

TO BE CONTINUED... Hello dears, hereby I update CF.. Previous parts can be read here in my pagehttps://m.facebook.com/aishwaryaravipage?ref=bookmark Don't forget to leave your precious comments.. Love you all #Ash