4 ⚔︎Conflicted⚔︎

The Captain's Captive
Chapter 4
⚔︎ Conflicted ⚔︎
[Eren's POV]
⚔︎

I woke up with a splitting headache and no idea when I'd gone to sleep. All I remembered was drinking with Hanji and talking with them. After a few drinks and strange laughing fits after, my memory blanked.

I opened my eyes and shrieked, falling off of the Captain's bed. I'd had my arms wrapped around him.

He woke up and glared down at me. "I see you're awake." He said and sat up.

I glanced down at my bare chest then back up at him. "Did we-?"

"Fuck? No, you think I'd let you do that?" Captain Levi stood up and made his way to the closet. He threw me a shirt. "Hanji got you drunk, took your shirt, and made you say all kinds of shit you probably didn't mean."

"What...what kind of shit did I say?" I asked afraid of what I could've confessed.

Levi's face reddened slightly and he turned away. "You said you were gay and mumbled something about turtles."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

"Why was I in your bed?"

"Because you wouldn't get the fuck off it." Levi snapped. I saw his sword on his desk and felt a surge of adrenaline. I could take it and...and what? I couldn't beat Levi with or without a sword and where would I go anyway?

I turned my back on the weapon and saw Captain Levi had been watching me. "Well done." He said and moved over to pick up his sword and belt.

"Why was I holding you?" I asked softly. The Captain shot me a glare before moving over towards the door.

"How should I know?"

"You didn't push me off..."

He moved over and grabbed my arm, pushing me out the door and into the sunlight. "You did it while I was asleep." He growled and I followed him up to meet Erwin at the helm.

Erwin nodded at Levi. "Captain," and glared at me. "He's not tied up."

Levi glanced down at my arms hanging by my sides. "So he's not, good observation Erwin, maybe I should put you up in the crows nest." He said sarcastically.

"Smells like alcohol!" Mike shouted from said crows nest. "And the Captain!"

"Captain, my head hurts." I complained.

"Get over it." Captain Levi snapped and looked to our right. "Is that a ship?"

"Yes," Erwin replied. "They haven't seen us yet. We're trying to keep our distance."

"Good."

"Why does Eren smell like you, Le-Captain?" Erwin asked.

I lowered my head preparing to be embarrassed when Levi told them what an idiot I'd been.

To my surprise he just shrugged. "You saw me carry his drunk ass around."

Erwin nodded and returned to concentrating on keeping the ship steady.

He carried me around? Why would he do that?

Captain Levi shot me a look that said "Don't tell them". I nodded, understanding he meant the whole bed incident. Was there a specific reason Levi couldn't tell them what I'd done? I tried to remember what had happened last night.

I thought about the time before I'd blacked out. I remembered Hanji asking me if I hated the Captain and I couldn't say yes. I then remembered them saying something about the Captain liking me. I shook my head. Levi hated me. I was nothing to him, just the Captain's captive.