Chapter 2

(Emris)

I couldn't breath or even think properly. He looks so similar to how he did in his last life, the last time I saw him.

The same black hair, grey eyes that seem to draw you in, and the height of a soldier. Granted, he was the first son of King Sargon and Queen Cyril, and crowned prince of Rorsum. Did I mention handsome? Yeah, no, because he's not. I don't understand why all the girls in this country fancy him. He's the enemy.

Everyone knows that Cothriquia and Rorsum are bordering countries who constantly go to war over resources. Come to think of it, we've always been at war. Always been enemies.

I try to remember what happened the last time I was here. It's been too long. I look the same as I have been in any life, but my soul is different. Here's what I know: I'm Emris Cothriqia, the only princess of the country, I have 2 older brothers, the Crown Prince Tolan and Prince Esen, and my parents are King Mavin and Queen Faysia. I inherited my father's wavy brown hair, but my mothers green eyes. However close I look, or anyone for that matter, we don't have much else in common.

After I died last time I was here, someone else came to live in the body, so I need to make sure I don't get caught.

The King and Queen try not to send me out on missions, but I train with the Royal Guard. I'm our country's best assassin. Coincidently, so is Hayze. Well, in his country, of course.

Cothriquia and Rorsum used to be at peace when I was younger. Well, when I was a child last time I was here. I briefly remember our families would visit each other at the other's palaces. It was nice back then.

Everything seemed fine, until one day when I was 10, we stopped visiting. They stopped visiting. Once, I overhead the guard talking after training. They were saying something over the lines of, "I always had a feeling about those Rorsums. Never trust the enemy, I tell you." I had no idea what that means then and even now. I sigh.

Clap, clap, clap!

"Huh? What's wrong?" I say, quickly looking around.

"Gosh, Princess. I've been clapping for the last five minutes. What's on your mind to ignore this gorgeous face?" he gestures to his face. "I could've killed you five mintues ago."

"Then do it," I say. "You've been meaning to do it for that past eight years." I sigh. Akira said to live my life. Then I'll have to return someday. The only way I'll ever do that is to get out of Hayze's way.

"Woah, Emmy, what crawled up your ass tonight?" Emmy. I look down to my hands around my blanket and give into a little smile. "Don't curse. And don't call me that," I say softly, not looking at him, even when I'm too stubborn to admit I like it.

"Yeah, whatever Emmy. I'm gonna do whatever I want. So, wanna go hand to hand?"

"Hand to hand?," I ask, gaping at him. "It's literally..." I look to the clock on the wall to the left of me, then back at him, "two in the morning. And what are you even doing here? Get out. I'll call the guards on you. GUAR—" I don't get to finish as he gets up behind me and has one arm around my waist and one hand covering my mouth.

"You wouldn't," he whispers in my ear.

I shiver involuntarily. I can feel him smirking against my ear. Asshole.

"You wouldn't do that to me, right, Emmy?"

I don't respond. I swing around quickly, catching him off balance and throwing him onto the bed. I grab the dagger under my pillow, then hold it against his throat, all the while pinning him down.

"Don't you dare touch me, Rorsum. Touch me again, and I'll slice your throat for real this time. Don't test me," I seeth.

I can see the amusement in his eyes. He gives me a big smile, even showing his nice, white teeth. I snap my eyes to my leg as his hand travels to my thigh where the nightgown doesn't cover. I then realize the position we're in. Me on top with him below me. I look back at him. His eyes never left me, including his smirk.

Slap!

I get off of him quickly, but moving behind him with the dagger when he sits up. I hold it to his throat again. "I said don't touch me, and I meant it. I'll slap your face a thousand more times if I need to. Scratch that, I'll do it again," I go in front of him, lift by arm to hit his face again when he grabs my arm. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Princess," he says hoarsely. His eyes have seemed to turn a darker shade of grey. I take a second and smirk. It seems I have some power over Hayze Rorsum as much as he does over me.

I ask him calmly, "how did you even get in here?" He tilts his head over to the right of the room. The window there is open, and the curtain is flowing from the midnight breeze. He then lets go of my arm and stands up from the bed.

"Well, I should get going now. The servants have probably already reported to Mother and Father that I snuck out," he says. "Here," he throws me a little pouch he took out from his trousers. "Open it once I'm gone. And wear something nice to the ball tomorrow, will you. I want to be able to see you." He gives me a once over look, then jumps out the window. Asshole didn't even close the window.

I get off of the bed and go to shut it, but not before checking if I can see him running out of the castle grounds on Max, his horse. I take a breath and go back to the pouch I put on the nightstand. I open it and find two daisies and a little scroll. I roll it open and it says, "Two daisies - one for you, and one for me. Never forget, Emmy, never forget."

I throw the note and flowers off of the bed and rest my arms on my knees, my hand in my hair. What an asshole. He really had to bring that up. And what did he say? Dress up nice for the ball? What ball? What does that even mean? And then it clicks.

Tomorrow, or more like in a few hours, is my birthday ball Father decided to throw me for turning 19. Damn it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

ouu the drama is startinggg

Leave comments!! (I love reading them and honestly sometimes your comments are better than the actual story haha if ykyk)