Chapter 13: They All Disappeared

Y/n's POV

"Y/n... Y/n? You should wake up..." A voice of a female called out to me.

"Huh...? Oh, Paula... good morning." I smiled, then turned to look at the clock. "It's 7... do you have a morning class today?" My mind was still a bit fuzzy.

"Yes, but I think you need to see this," Paula said as I sat up on the bed. She was fidgeting, look up at me then down at the floor. I tilted my head to the side.

She let out a frustrated groan and dragged me out of bed. "Come on!" She dragged me over to the window and basically pressed my face against the glass.

"What the—" I widened my eyes in surprise. "The house... it's gone?!"

"How—" I stuttered, looking back at Paula before looking back out the window.

"I don't know! It just vanished! It was still there when I went to bed!" Paula explained, waving her hands around.

I paced around the room, thinking of all the different scenarios that could've led up to this. Then I stopped. "Could it be... Willy Wonka?!"

I sighed with frustration. "I can't think about this right now, Paula let's get ready," I said as I walked out of my bedroom.

"But what about—" "I'll go to my uncle's workplace to ask about it." I cut her off.

"I'm sure I can get an answer from uncle, unless they're..." I stopped my thoughts from going any further. "Don't be so negative."

——————————————————————————

I was able to go through the entire day not thinking about the disappearance of my family and house, but it's always lingering in the back of my mind.

It was around 6 or 7 when Professor Murray let us go. "That'll be it for the day, great job everyone." When he finished his sentence, I grabbed my bag and ran out the door.

I ran down the corridor, which was probably breaking the school rules, but I care more about my family's disappearance than breaking a school rule. I heard someone running after me, and they were catching up to me, fast.

"Y/n?! What happened?!" It was Evan.

I slowed down and turned to look at him, "I can't explain it right now, but I have to go!" I shouted back at him.

He slowed down as well. "Do you want me to walk you to your destination then?"

I shook my head. "It's alright! Be careful on the way home!" I shouted, waving my hand as I speed up again.

"You too!" I heard him shout back.

——————————————————————————

I slowed down as I reach the toothpaste factory, and I went to the security's office outside the factory to see if I can get an answer.

"Hello...!" I panted as I leaned against the office window. The security was caught off guard and looked up at with surprise.

"Hello young lady, how can I help?" He asked.

"Yes! Um... is Mr. Bucket still here?" I asked. I sounded rough like I was about to faint from running so much. The security guard might've caught on to that because he immediately went to his desk to search for something.

"Let me check... just wait a second." He said, flipping through some paper. "Ah! Here it is." He smiled and pressed a piece of paper against the window. "Mr. Bucket had clocked in today, but has not clocked out yet." He explained, "but it's almost time for most of them to leave, would you like to wait for a few minutes?"