Chapter 22: Evan Joins the Party!

Willy Wonka's POV

It is now March. Y/n hadn't come over at all since Valentine's Day. The only time the Buckets and I had heard anything from her during this period of time was from Mr. Bucket. One day near the end of February, he told everyone the message during dinner.

"Y/n said she's been really busy lately, but she'll definitely pay a visit in March during her spring break." Mr. Bucket said.

"Y/n, it's already March... where are you?" I thought, sitting at my desk in my office. I leaned back into my chair in frustration. "I miss you."

——————————————————————————
Y/n's POV

I sat at the long table with the other student researchers, listening to Professor Murray's instructions. He wanted to finish everything before summer since we need to travel and do interviews during summer vacation.

"This will be all for this meeting. I will inform you all when any information comes in regards to the interviews and travels." Professor Murray said, concluding the meeting, "having a good spring break."

"Thank you, Professor Murray." All the students said in unison. All of us started to pack up, closing our folders and picking up our bags.

I exited the meeting room with Evan.

"I don't have to do anything for about a week or so, I can go pay a visit to the Buckets and Willy." I thought as I walked down the hallway.

"Hey Y/n," Evan started, tapping lightly on my shoulder to catch my attention, "do you have anything to do today? I want to talk to you about some aspects of the research project."

I looked away, scratching the back of my neck nervously. "I... uh, I planned on visiting the factory today."

"Ah..." He smiled awkwardly, looking away disappointedly before turning back to me with a smile. "Then can I walk you there? We can talk tomorrow?"

I was contemplating if I should let him walk me there. I don't know if Willy would be fine with Evan getting so close to his factory. Besides, it might expose the Oompa-Loompas.

"The sun is already setting, I don't want you to walk alone in the dark. It's dangerous." Evan added on.

I glanced up at him nervously before letting out a sigh in defeat. "Sure. Let's go."

As we walk down the street, we chatted with each other. The nervousness I felt earlier was melted away by Evan's cheery smile and words. We laughed and talked as we walked down the street.

——————————————————————————
Mr. Bucket's POV

I just left work and was on my way back to the factory when I saw someone across the street. It was dark, but it was definitely Y/n. She was walking alongside someone taller than her. A car drove down the street, and thanks to the car's lights, I saw that the person next to her was a man, and they were smiling and talking.

"Is that Evan? ...Here we go again. I better ask her about this when she comes to the factory." I thought to myself, walking faster towards the factory.