Chapter 16: Y/n and the Young Chocolatier

Y/n's POV

We came back to the Chocolate room. The sugar shakers were now moving, making it look like it's snowing over the Bucket's house. I opened the door to the Bucket's house to see everyone already situated at the dinner table.

"Hi!" I greeted them, "sorry we're late."

"There you are," Grandpa George grumbled, "what took you so long?"

"Sorry," I chuckled, walking towards the dinner table, "it took longer than I intended to."

There were two seats right next to each other at the dinner table. Mrs. Bucket and Mr. Bucket sat on the opposite end of the table. All of my grandparents sat on one side of the table, and Charlie was next to the two empty seats.

I sat down next to Charlie and Willy sat down next to me.

"Y/n," Mr. Bucket started. I froze. I knew that tone, and it's not good. "Who is this man named Evan?"

"Evan?" I repeated, and my uncle nodded his head. "He's my friend! We're both research assistants on the same project."

"Friends? Nothing more?" He asked suspiciously.

I shook my head no and chuckled. "Nothing more." I looked down at the dinner table before looking back up at my uncle. "You know I never really cared about relationships and marriage," I added on. Willy inhaled sharply when I said that.

"You will meet someone eventually," Grandpa Joe said slowly, filling his plate with food.

"I don't know," I chuckled, looking down at my fingers, which were fidgeting, "do you think so?"

"Of course!" Grandpa Joe exclaimed, sitting back down, "grandma Josephine and I met and we fell in love! Who said the same can't happen for you?"

"Pfft," I chuckled lightly, standing up to get some food for myself, "let's hope so."

"Y/n changed a lot when she was growing up," Mrs. Bucket said, "I can understand why she would think that way. Let her be, hmm?"

I gulped and smiled dismally. Out of everyone, Mrs. Bucket knew the most about what happened to me as a kid and the fire that took my parents away. She knew I didn't want to make any sort of emotional connections with people that won't stay. She's always the one I go to when I'm feeling depressed.

"Let's not talk about the depressing stuff," Mrs. Bucket said with a smile, "Willy, here. Have some more."

"Oh thank you!" Willy gave Mrs. Bucket a warm smile and lifted his plate to make it easier for her to plate them.

"Oh! I remembered something," Grandpa Joe started, "Willy, Y/n, you two have met each other before, if I remembered correctly."

Willy and I turned to look at each other, before looking back at Grandpa Joe.

"When?" Charlie chimed in, asking curiously.

"I know that I used to wait for Grandpa Joe to get off from work and was at the grand opening of the factory, but I don't remember personally talking to Willy." I pondered, caressing my chin.

"I might know what Grandpa Joe is talking about," Willy said, and I turned my head to look at him. "It was a few years ago, when I only had one store on Cherry Street..."

——————————————————————————
Third-person POV

At the age of 18, Willy Wonka opened his first store on Cherry Street after years of research and testing to make the best chocolate in the whole world. His chocolate was a hit, and people from all around the world went to the store just to get a taste of it.