worry

It has been a few weeks since that emotional day. Each night, the girl "Kyeong-ie" talked while Yoongi listened.

Moreover, day by day, Yoongi had slowly stopped smoking so much, to the point that he smoked less than half a cigarette sometimes.

It often slipped his mind. Whenever he got so into the girl's stories, he would forget he had a cigarette burning. By the time he remembered, it would have already burned out by itself.

He left it at that since it wouldn't be good if the girl suffered from secondhand smoke either.

~

Like every other day, Yoongi was standing in his balcony after a long day at work.

As usual, he released his first puff of smoke as a signal of his arrival.

However, this time, he was only met with silence.

He quirked an eyebrow. 'That's unusual.'

Puffing another cloud of smoke, he hoped the girl would realise he's here and start "talking to him" as per usual.

But there was no response.

'Did something happen to her...? Is she home? Maybe she went out- okay wait, calm down Yoongi. It's none of your business. She's probably fine... now you have all the time to yourself!' He tried to convince himself.

Minutes passed, yet still no sign of the girl. Yoongi is on his fourth cigarette and he's lowkey panicking.

'How is she still not here? Should I go upstairs and check up on her? But that's not how I want to reveal myself-' His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of a balcony door sliding open.

Yoongi clenched his chest and sighed in relief.

"Oh my, it reeks of smoke here. How much did you smoke Smoker-ssi??" The girl coughed to emphasise the stench more.

"The one time I don't come here as early as I usually do, you go out of control. Please, you can just admit you missed me already." Yoongi reddened in embarrassment as the girl burst out in laughter.

Her chair screeched when she plopped herself on it. "Today was nice. I got to celebrate my birthday with my colleagues. We're not that close but they still held a small surprise party for me after work."

Yoongi's eyes widened. 'It's her birthday.'

"I never thought I would get to celebrate my birthday with people this year. I didn't last year and it felt awful honestly. I'm grateful." She giggled.

Yoongi smiled fondly. 'That seems nice... Wait, isn't this actually a really good opportunity...?'

After much thought, he quietly stepped on his cigarette and went back into his apartment.

Guess it's time to go for a shopping trip.