umbrella

Yoongi ran through the flooded streets as the rain poured down, his umbrella barely protecting him from it.

He had just ended work and really, he just wanted to have a peaceful night before having to prepare himself for the next dreadful day.

Knowing the rain would at least help in blocking out his voice, he groaned loudly in self-pity.

That was when he passed by the café that Sookyeong worked at.

His steps faltered when he noticed it was still open. The café was rarely still open by the time he got here after work.

He pursed his lips before making an impromptu entry, the familiar bell and cashier welcoming him as always.

Sookyeong gasped. "Oh, Yoongi-ssi! What're you doing here at night?"

Said man laughed awkwardly as a puddle began to form below him. "Do you have a towel that I can use by any chance?"

~

After Yoongi had finished drying himself off, Sookyeong arrived at his table with a mug of hot chocolate.

"Here, for you to warm up." She said as she put the mug on the table, taking a seat beside him.

"Thanks." He responded politely before reaching for the drink enthusiastically.

"Isn't it quite late already? What time do you get off work?" He asked as he took a sip.

She looked at her watch while dragging a hum. "Soon, actually. I'm just left with cleaning the tables, then I can finally head off."

With lips pursed again, Yoongi lowered his mug.

"We could head out together, if you want?" He offered shyly, bringing the mug closer to his face again to hide his blush.

The girl's mouth formed an 'o', before she gave a big smile. "Sure, that sounds good, as long as you don't mind waiting."

"It's no problem, I can wait." He blurted out.

Her eyebrows lifted, amused. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." His cheeks reddened as he curled into himself in embarrassment.

She giggled. "Okay, I'll try to finish as soon as possible then," she stood up, "if you're still cold, tell me, okay?"

Yoongi nodded before the girl walked away.

Hopefully he wasn't being too obvious.

~

Waiting for Sookyeong to finish packing and changing, Yoongi stood outside the café under the outdoor shelter.

The café bell rang behind him before he turned to see Sookyeong all ready to leave. "Let's go!"

As it was still drizzling a little, Yoongi opened his umbrella for the both of them and instinctively brought it closer to the girl as they walked out.

When Sookyeong noticed his shoulder getting wet, she quickly pushed the umbrella towards the man. "Yoongi-ssi, you have to protect yourself too, y'know? You're really gonna get sick at this rate."

"It's fine, I don't get sick easily. Anyway, I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't put a girl's needs before my own, don't you think?" He teased.

The girl threw her head back laughing.

Shifting his eyes away, he added, "I mean, if anything, you could stand closer so that the umbrella could properly shield the both of us..."

"Pfft- cringe." Sookyeong commented.

A moment passed before she suddenly pounced on him and hooked her arm in his.

"Yoongi-oppa, make sure the rain doesn't hit us, okay?" She pouted in aegyo.

They both roared with laughter and continued walking arm in arm, while a certain umbrella was left unused in the girl's bag.

~

Like a gentleman, Yoongi held the lift button as Sookyeong walked in before pressing their respective floor's buttons.

The girl giggled. "This reminds me of the first time we met."

Yoongi's eyes widened slightly. "You're right."

"I remember thinking the guy holding the lift was lowkey kinda cute." She stated bluntly.

Yoongi cleared his throat. "Well, I remember thinking that it was good that the girl who ranted in her balcony was in her 20's."

Both their faces went red. "Oh really? How did you know it was me?"

"I couldn't say for sure, but I recognised your voice when you asked me to hold the lift, and then I confirmed it that night when you drunkenly blurted about this cute guy you saw." He laughed.

"Ah, gosh that's so embarrassing." She buried her face in her hands.

Laughing about their past, the lift arrived at Yoongi's floor.

As he stepped out of the lift, he added, "I also remember when I got off this lift that day, I looked at you for one last second and told myself I would try to see you again no matter what."

Sookyeong blushed and scoffed. "Yeah yeah, and you succeeded, didn't you?"

A smile grew on his face. "Yeah, I did."

They both waved at each other before Yoongi walked back to his apartment with a giddy grin stuck on his face.

Guess this could go somewhere.