CHAPTER FOUR

_____

"DESIRE"

~ACT 1 : CHAPTER 4~

'VOTE'

It was now daylight, and we were saying our goodbye's to Han Du-Sik, the Kim siblings and Im Myung-sook

I was now crouching in front of Kim Su-Yeong and Kim Yeong-Su as tears fell from their eyes. "Don't cry my loves, we will see each other soon, okay?" I told them as I wiped their tears and then held their hand. "Okay" they said to me with a nod and a small smile. I then gave them a smile before bringing them into a hug and giving their heads a kiss.

I then get up and intertwine my hand with Hyun's. We then look at them one last time "Take care of one another, okay?" they give us a small nod before we start heading down to the main floor.

_____

We were currently going down the stairs. Hyun and I were walking behind Jae-Heon and Ji-su, when we came across a body. Ji-su then checks if they are still alive but they aren't. However they are warm, meaning they weren't killed that long ago.

She then checks their pockets and finds a bar. She then throws it to Hyun and he catches it. Hyun looks at the bar and then back at her. "Put it back if you don't want it" she tells him, "You're cold" he says back to her. "So what if that's true? I do worse to survive and I suggest you two do the same, you both are one of us now" she tells us.

"Let's go" Jae-Heon says. They both then walk ahead of us, then all of a sudden I hear my monster warn me, but it all happened way to fast because the next thing I know, Hyun and I are falling. Then it becomes dark.

_____

I began to awaken at some point and then all of a sudden I hear is "You both really fell." I then see that bitch from before. "Hyun you okay" I say as our eyes meet, he then nods at me. I give him a small smile before we hear Eun-Yu speak again. "I could've sworn, I told you not to die here." I was a bit confused on what she meant. "Where are we?" Hyun asked her.

"It's the place we all gather and wait to die" Eun-Yu said. "And the other two?" I ask. She then looks at me and says "They're okay." Then this other dude walks in and calls her by her name, she then leaves.

"Are you two okay?" He asked us. Hyun and I looked at one another before looking back at the guy. "You both passed out after you both fell from the 9th floor. Golden hour saved you.Did you know that?" he says. Sure it did.

"Isn't it ironic? Golden hour used to mean that it was the last hour you're able to save someone's life, you know?" he says to us. "What's your name?" I asked him all of a sudden, "Lee Eun-Hyeok" he says and looks at me. I then nod in response.

I look back at Hyun and see blood. "Is there a bathroom we can use?" I asked him and he nods at me. We then follow him.

_____

We were following him. Then these people walked in front of us and this old man stopped in his tracks when he saw us. "You're all out of your minds. You brought a monster in here" he said to Eun-Hyeok. "Yeah but I think there's one here already" I said to him and give him a dirty look. "What did you say" he says to me and brings his box cutter up to my throat. I then grab on to it and bring it closer, he then has trouble getting it out of my grip. "I said, there's one here already old man." I then let go of it and he stumbles back a bit, I then give him a smile.

My smile then drops when he turns away and leaves, I then turn back to see Hyun and Eun-Hyeok looking at me. "What?" I ask them confused. "Nothing" Eun-Hyeok says and continued to show us the way to the bathroom. I then thank him as he gives me a cloth and then leaves.

I then wet the cloth in the sink and I turned back to look at Hyun. He then walks up to me and lifted me onto the counter. I gave him a smile before beginning to clean up the blood. Once most of the blood was off, he took the cloth from my hands and cleaned it. Hyun then began to clean the blood that was on me. 

Once we were done, we headed back.

_____

We got there and the old man was bleeding extensively. He then stopped in front of Hyun and I. "You better brace yourself" Hyun said to the old man. "What?" we hear the old man say through the blood. "The monsters are coming for you" I say to him with a small smirk. "You son of a bitch" he says as blood continues to spill.  Hyun then crouches down and picks up the paper with the circle on it. "Can I cast my vote?" he asked and places the paper near the opening of the box that they were using to vote.

"If I put this in, he'll be thrown out too, right?" Hyun asked and then looked back at the man with his eyes completely black. "Am I right" he says and then the man falls to the ground.

_____

Hyun and I were currently siting across the old man who is still knocked out. My head was resting on his shoulder and then all of a sudden the old man wakes up. "Why am I.." he says. "You had a nosebleed" I say. The old man then turns to look at us. "I think it's pretty obvious" Hyun says to the old man. The old man then removes the tissues from his nose and looks at it. "No way. Why me?" the man questions and then begins sob. He then stops and comes towards us.

"I know that you both are holding out. How so? Huh?" he asked. "You're shameless" Hyun says to him. "Please help me. I want to live" he says to us. "What happened to 'You're all out of your minds. You brought a monster in here', what happened to that old man?" I said as I mimicked him and then questioned him. He then went back to where he was at before he came up to us.

_____

Later that day, this dude was put in here with us. He looked like, he had been through some shit. But nevertheless, I continued to play with Hyun's hair as he continued to sleep on my lap.

_____

At some point I fell asleep too.

We then woke up at to the dude from before looking at us. "You need something?" I ask. "You both must be hungry" he says and offers us something. "No, thank you" Hyun says for the both of us. "Why? Monsters can't eat?" he asked. "You both sleep well though" he says.

What a creep.

"What's it been like? It's great, isn't it?" he says and then stops before hitting himself a bit and then continuing. "How can I become you" he says. "Tell me now. I need to know. I can do it well. What should I do?" He says.

"You can start by backing off" I say and then push him away with one of my feet.

_____

hope y'all liked it
and sorry for any mistakes
^-^

oh and i'm sorry for
not updating this book
much earlier
:(