9. BODY POSITIVITY

anonymous asked:

"I have pretty bad skin. Acne on my face, back, shoulders, neck, and chest. Also I always have this weird rash on both of my arms. I have stretch marks too. You can see the veins around my eyes and on my chest. The list just goes on and on.. Any advice on how to be more confident? I don't even wear tank tops anymore. How can I learn to love my body?"

se7enteenblack answered:

"I've got a sort of lazy eye. really what it is, is that I have one eye with an almost monolid and one with a double lid. It happens sometimes in mixed race kids, which i am. I've gotten pretty good at hiding it. but it drives me insane when other people are photographing me. I look down a lot when I'm filmed. which is often. since I'm a musician. Stretch marks all over my thighs. A lot. One of my breasts is a full size smaller than the other. When I get nervous I get a rash all over my chest that is FLAMING red. My jaw is crooked. no like really. one side of my face curves downward and the other is a straight line. I feel lopsided sometimes. I have pretty prominent veins around my mouth, eyes, and nipples as well. I guess I'm just really pale. I have hair that is an inbetween texture from my father and my mother and often leaves hairdressers with their hands in the air like "sorry i cant help you". I get called out for having bad weaves a lot. there's just really nothing else I can do.

But I also know that I have a great smile. I love my hips. I love my eye color. I love dying my hair and I love doing my lips. I covered myself in 15 tattoos that I love more and more everyday. I have freckles. and a cute butt. and a pretty collar bone.

Everyone has their little fights to pick with their body.

Focus on the parts of you that you love at first. Give them extra special attention.

Take care of yourself. I love face masks and fake eyelashes and lotions and bath bombs and taking the time to lotion, soak, and massage my body gives me an autonomy that brings me closer to my physical self. the more you know your body the closer you are to loving it.

In time you will come to peace with the thing you dislike. some are permanent and some can be taken care of if you so wish.

Just remember that nobody has your body but you. and that's special. and you should love the fuck out of it.

Some things you might see as a flaw others could be secretly wishing for! I love gap teeth, crooked teeth, birthmarks, stretch marks, scars and i know people crazy enough to think those are flaws.

Those are part of your code.

You are unique. You have your own code.

Embrace it! <3"

+

one of the thousand reasons why i love halsey