THREE

THREEwhat can go wrong, will: part 3

THREE
what can go wrong, will: part 3.

HER MIND IS ON sweets. Ryomen Sukuna's finger is missing, yet all that's occupying Fushiguro Mikio's brain is the sweet taste of dango and the feeling of euphoria that'll hurtle through her body the moment it waltzes along her tastebuds. The sensation has evaded her reach for quite some time. She aims to change that.

"Somebody from the school has the finger," Mikio deduces. The sun hares through clouds to shine on her scalp. At a time like this, the usual her would ponder whether it looks greasy, but she's too preoccupied wondering if Megumi would buy her kudzu mochi if she asked him to.

Megumi nods in agreement. It takes Mikio a second to realize that he can't read her mind and he's not answering what she thinks he is. Dangit. "I think so too. Probably did it as a dare or something." He's frowning at the thought and Mikio understands why.

These high schoolers are nothing but clueless children. They don't understand the gravity of what they've done, nor could they fathom the destruction and misfortune that'll inevitably shadow them when they took that object from where it lay. Whoever's got it in their grasp probably thinks that they're cool or edgy, living on the highs of doing something forbidden, unaware of how they've practically become a beacon for wicked things to be led ashore to. Just like they underestimate the power of their words when they speak to their peers like dirt, cursing them to realms they cannot pronounce, let alone conceptualize. Children cannot comprehend the realities that Jujutsu Sorcerers take so seriously because they are ignorant— and ignorance kills.

Mikio lets out a long breath. She'd much rather whoever they were to remain an ignorant person than become a dead one. They have to move quickly. "What's the plan?"

"We walk around the campus until we get a hit of it's cursed signature," he answers. Mikio doesn't say yay or nay to the idea, but her face speaks volumes. "What?"

"That's the lamest plan I've ever heard. Why can't we be ninjas?" she asks. Megumi stares at her blankly. "Spies?"

She hands him her jacket when he motions for it. Lightness blesses her shoulders as the weight pressing on them is removed. Good thing too, the heat was starting to get unbearable. She rolls her head around her neck, enjoying the sound of the crack of her bones and the relief that follows it while Megumi crouches down, placing their jackets in the safety of his shadow. Convenient little murky thing. Her neck is free from knots by the time her twin stands at full height again.

"You have a better idea?"

"Nope. I'm just here to judge yours." She scratches her head, a false air of thoughtfulness on her face. "I'd give that what, three-point-five out of ten? Four because the weather's nice."