Death Twenty-Six

Angry breaths flame through my nostrils like a dragon who hasn't learned to breathe flame. My heels stomp like a herd of charging amm'thanleep on the tiled floor wanting to crush the snide remarks of self-proclaimed princess Lady Dal-Raseay.

Her words are heavy oil sticking to every orifice.

Unbearable.

I need a long soak.

Myorla and Ceres hear the tiles cries of protest and promptly join me.

"Don't let that Pu'Thea get you," Myorla drones.

"Myorla!" Ceres exclaims in fake admonishment, "This is the third time in a century I've heard you curse."

"It would be millions if you count the ones in my head."

"You should let them out more, it's good for the soul. Curses are like emotions, you cannot bottle them up. It's not healthy."

"This is precisely why I don't curse around you. You think I repress my emotions. No, I am not going to explode, nor have I ever exploded. You know what would happen if I did. I will if you continue."

Surprised by the ire in normally calm Myorla, I stay silent. The inflection portrays a topic discussed for many turns and one with makes Myorla uncomfortable and irate.

Ceres throws her hands into the air and says, "All right." Then turns to me and says, "You are going to love the practice room."

"I think you should be more concerned about the water dancer than I." I snap, "I cannot be excited about a room I do not know of."

"Well you are no fun," Ceres huffs, "but you will find it quite titillating."

In a breath, Ceres defuses my anger. Shame flares like an uncontained fire rising from shoulder to neck. I shouldn't direct my anger at innocent beings.

"I-I-I am s-sorry. I-I did-didn't mean."

"Oh, we know," Ceres replies, "No need, we understand you."

After two left turns, followed by a sharp right, Myorla and Ceres lead me to a pair of silver embossed Feyan doors displaying a silver-haired woman mourning for her fallen beloved.

In unison, they lean their weight upon the wall and separate the grieving woman from her beloved. A room reveals, large enough to hold a masquerade. The floor is wooden, stained a deep cherry and polished to a shine my mien is reflected back.

The ridiculous floor is not the only place I see my countenance. Every wall is replaced with mirrors.

"Dyu's I am trapped in a mirror box."

"We call it a practice room, but mirror room is appropriate," Myorla dryly intones.

"Why such large mirrors?"

"Because, my dear," a new voice intones. I jump back into Wind of the Skar'let Blossoms. He takes hold of my shoulders and continues, "You need a mirror to watch your body. It looks like you have Ginepal'tulso mastered." He takes a hold of my shoulders.

"Gina what? I didn't hear you step"

"The many benefits to being a feelina, my dear." He releases his grip on my shoulders, "Ginepal'tulso or in Tygressian, The Leaping Lotus. You tend to jump backward, often."

"I w-w-was startled."

"It's not bad. You will be performing the move quite often."

He steps around me and says, "Come my dear, let's see the range of strength and motion your body contains." Wind of the Skar'lette Blossoms smoothly walks to the center of the room facing the west mirror. Or what I think to be the west. I am not sure. Everything reflects. I don't remember where the doors are.

Myorla and Ceres shuffle to a corner.

Ceres snaps her fingers and says, "Koaolots."

Myorla raises her right arm making a circle motion with a closed fist. A stool appears and they take their seats.

I turn my attention to Wind of the Skar' let. He's walking a circle around me and measuring me with is eyes.

"Raise your arms, " he instructs.

I do and he nods in approval.

"Now, keeping your feets stationary, twist your torso side to side."

Again, I do as he says.

"No bend forward as far as you can."

I bend and touch my toes.

"Excellent, it seems you can move in those clothes. We will not be doing anything strenuous," he tells me. "I simply want to assess your strength and flexibility. Next night I'll bring you practice clothes."

He lowers himself in a smooth practiced motion and gestures for me to do the same.

"I will walk you through a series of stretches. I want you to memorize to the best of your ability. I want and expect you to stretch for a candle every night. Also, I am not a water dancer."

"Wh-What?"

"I am an Elementalist."

Loud breaths of shock echo about the room.

"There are only seven in all of Tygurr," Myorla hums.

Is she excited? I can't tell.

Wh-Wh-What is a-a-an Elem-Elementalist?"

"An Elementalist, my dear, is a master of the elements and I control all seven."

"I-I th-thought th-the-there were only sev-seven."

"There are seven. Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Spirit, Will and Lous'Rife."

"You aren't just any Elementalist," Myorla says, voice filled with awe, "You are a Grandmaster."

"Well, enough about me," The Elementalist shifts and says, "Do these stretches. I will determine which element to teach you first. Follow my motions."

Wind of the Skar'let Blossoms sits, extends his legs straight, and bends forward touching his fingertips to toes. I mimic th motion, calfs burning. It has been moons since I've bent my body in such a manner.

I would watch the water dancers perform their morning exercises. They are graceful and lithe. I can be graceful and lithe. My limbs are strong and malleable from hauling clay. There is a minuscule amount of grit.

Demarcation. Light meets dark and one of my favorite places. Lightning meets dark and accompanies soft hushes and hisses which makes the Chimera Sea

Mistress Byerene knows I can cross Demarcation. If anyone in the village knew I could leave, they would have forced me out.

"Well done. You are plenty flexible. Now let us see your strength and range"

He stands and faces me. Sitting on his bottom, he places his flat feet on mine and pushes my legs in a V shape. I have seen this move but am unable to perform the action.

Wind of the Skar'let Blossoms doesn't ask questions and encases my wrists with his long fingers and instructs me to do the same.

With wrists locked, he says, "Tell me when you cannot go any further,"

After a few pulls and being held in the same position, I scream,"When."

My legs tremble from the strain.

"Less pulling and making you hold."

Thirty flickers is a minuscule time. While being held in such a position it feels like an eternity.

Once the body is released from confinement and slowly unwinds muscles be stretched beyond limits the sensation is addicting.

Wind of the Skar'let Blossoms tells me to sleep out.

"Now straighten your spine and raise your arms."

It takes practice and we practice for several candles. 

I need a long soak but now for different reasons.