1

The Daily Prophet

THE TRIAL OF DRACO MALFOY
Malfoy Heir: Guilty or Not Guilty— That is the Question.

War criminal and ex-Death Eater, Draco Malfoy is to be put on trial today, 30th August, held accountable for his crimes during The Second Wizarding War. The Wizengamot of the Ministry is still to determine his sentence, but presently we await in anticipation to see whether or not the Malfoy heir is held accountable for his actions.

For more information, go to page 4.

Page 4

Draco Malfoy, after having fled England several years prior, returned less than a month ago after the passing of his late mother, Narcissa Malfoy, who was incarcerated in Azkaban prison as of 1998 for her infamous crimes. The young Malfoy, now an orphan, after his father, Lucius Malfoy was found deceased at the end of The Second Wizarding War.

Malfoy fled England in 2000 after detonating the grand manor of ex-Ministry official, Dolores Umbridge for unknown reasons, and in doing so, killing fifty-seven others, as well as Umbridge herself— the explosion had taken place during one of Umbridge's notorious soirées.

Years prior, Draco Malfoy carried out the murder of Albus Dumbledore in 1997, under the instruction of Lord Voldemort. He worked as the Dark Lord's youngest recruit, and when having been underestimated for his lack of experience, evidently proved them wrong. Alas, it is argued that the young Malfoy was forced into these terrible acts by those around him.

The Malfoy heir now faces trial for these accounts and the Wizengamot shall determine his sentence in the Ministry court today. Ministry official, Theodore Nott, undertakes Malfoy's defence. The two were said to have allegedly been amiable in their school days. Can Nott make a strong enough defence for Malfoy to keep him out of Azkaban?

See to the next issue for the result of his sentence.

Below a photograph of Draco Malfoy in court today. Stood beside him, Theodore Nott.

 Stood beside him, Theodore Nott

***

30th August 2002

He can't fathom the possibility that anyone would be foolish enough to consider him worthy of walking free. He sees himself as equivalently criminal as the rest of those locked away.

But he knows they need him alive. To keep him out of Azkaban, even if it's a stretch.

He wants to rot in a cell.

Why should he walk free after the things he willingly did? The acts he carried out with just as much lack of remorse as he has now. Why should he be given a second chance when everyone else is imprisoned in Azkaban at the first instant?