17

While Geneva and Theodore are both getting themselves ready for bed, she can't stop herself from thinking about what Malfoy said. Everything surrounding it. There was so much on her mind and this just added to the extensivity.

It was so odd seeing him that way. So upset and frustrated over something which he's shown himself to be unbothered by before. Quite frankly, Malfoy seems to act unbothered about everything now. But this was different. This was a change in character for him.

Something this evening must have triggered a buried feeling within him that led to his outpour. It all felt so strange, especially seeing Malfoy so open and genuinely capable of emotions. But she stops herself from trying to figure him out. That is a chamber she never wants to open.

Another thing on her mind was the way Theodore acted this evening. Not just his flighty behaviour, but his awkwardness when approaching the topic of Pansy and Blaise's engagement. Perhaps it was just his ill at ease feelings when considering his two friends together, but it made Geneva suspicious.

"Were you okay this evening?" she opens with, pulling on her nightdress that quite clearly captures his attention as he gapes at her in awe.

"Yes, of course. Why do you ask?"

"You just seemed a bit— quiet."

"Quiet? So you assume something's wrong?" he chuckles, pulling her to stand in front of him. She cradles his head in her hands and caresses the back of his head.

"I know you well, Theo. What happened?"

"Nothing. Seriously." His tone is sharp. Reserved. But confused with his obvious distraction which is seen in his lustful expression.

She leaves it alone for now and decides to give into him.

She leans over him and kisses the top of his head, then manoeuvres down to his lips. And he kisses her hard. Desperately. As if he needs her.

His hands latch onto her waist and he pulls her onto his lap so she's straddling him. Kissing her and kissing her until she's suffocating with his affection. His hand slips under her nightdress, finding her breast and he squeezes.

"I love you," he whispers between kisses. "You're so perfect."

And suddenly she's lying on her back, her nightdress splayed up and her knickers are on the floor. And Theo's hovering over her, baring himself to her as he always does.

As he spreads open her thighs, before he can push himself into her, she stops him.

"Theo— are you forgetting something?"

He stares at her.

"The contraceptive charm?" she laughs. He never usually forgets.

"Oh— um, what if we don't tonight?"

She looks at him blankly. Feels affronted.

"I'm sorry?" she asks.

"What if we try? It's time, don't you think?"

She snaps her legs shut immediately, and sits up.

"What? What are you talking about? We've never talked about this."

He shrugs it off like it's no big deal at all.

"No, but it was obvious wasn't it. We're going to have children, aren't we? I think it's a good time to start."

"Well, I don't know, maybe I want children one day, but right bloody now? We've never talked about this," she repeats, appalled. "And no, it wasn't obvious."