Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Eli

"Dude, where's the... bath... room." I ask in between pauses because the second I turn my head to ask Adrian, I saw him shoving his tongue down his girlfriend's throat while they're on the couch, facing the closed window.

It's a free show.

A free show that I did not ask for.

A free show that I have no interest to watch.

But the sight makes me regret that I broke up with Ava. I want to shove my tongue on someone's throat, too. Damn. It's been two weeks!

Anyway, where the hell is the bathroom?

I try to open my mouth, attempting to ask Adrian, but the damn man looks like he's having the time of his life. Let's not ruin that, because for the record, I don't like being interrupted when I'm making out with someone, too.

I just shake my head, roaming my eyes around the small and dark apartment that his girlfriend is currently renting.

It's a two storey, the stairs are made out of wood, and I assume that upstairs is where the two rooms are located since down here are the living room and kitchen, forced together. Yeah, forced.

Because the space is too small, and I just need to make about five steps to get there in the living room and there's no wall or even just a plywood that splits both space which is why I can clearly see that Adrian's hand is now inside his girlfriend's shirt.

I inwardly cringe and turn my back to face the fridge. There's a list with a pineapple magnet attached on top of it to make it stick on the refrigerator's door. I read it, ignoring the faint moans and groans that Adrian and his girlfriend are doing.

For Groceries (Tomorrow)

- Sardines

- Rice (5 kilo)

- White bread

- Cheese spread

- Coffee

- Creamer

- Sugar

It's quite a long list with a nice handwriting that I didn't finish. Skipping at the bottom I notice a bible verse there that says;

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

Just add what you need on the list and I'll buy it for you. :>

—Mirae

I almost laugh when I see it. What the hell? Who attaches bible verse in a grocery list? Oh, right. It's Mirae. But who the hell is Mirae, anyway?

She's not Adrian's girlfriend, that I'm positive, because Adrian's girlfriend's name is Shirley? Shanie? Shabby? Sharon? Sharlene? I don't know. But it starts with Sh.

I scan the list one more time, but my eyes paused on the bible verse and I grin. Damn. People who live in this apartment are so freaking weird. I don't even know why I'm here, well, I do know.

It's our vacant, I was bored and I don't want to go home to spend my two hours vacant there because I was grounded for climbing our gate drunk in the middle of the night because my bratty little sister won't open it for me to let me in.

Long story short, Dad caught me and my Mom went hysterical, insisting that I'm on drugs. And I'm not. I was just drunk.

And there are two types of drunk people.