Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Eli

There's a moment of silence between us after I said those words. I want to say awkward, but it doesn't feel like it. Even silence doesn't feel awkward with her.

It's always peace... tranquility. And I don't know how she does that. I eye her longer and each second that passes by, I can't help but to adore how beautiful she was.

I love how she looks today. Her full white uniform and her hair that looks curly and wavy because it has been held by a tight bun for the rest of the school hours. The way it falls perfectly down her white sleeves of her shoulders.

God, she looks like an angel. I don't think that heaven is located up above the skies. I think heaven is her.

"Do you have any tattoos?" she suddenly asks, her voice pulling me out of my trance.

I purse my lips for a second, trying to recover from the way how I floated with just the mere sight of her.

"No. But I'm planning to have one... maybe someday," I reply, gripping the side of the bench.

"What about you? Do you have any tattoos? Or would you like to have one someday?" I ask.

She smiles. God, I love that smile.

"I used to have one," she says, and a mischievous smile curling up from her lips.

My eyes grew wide at what she said. "Really? And you said used to? Did you got it removed via laser?"

A soft chuckle rose from her throat. "No, I removed it via water and soap."

At first my brows rumpled with confusion but the second I got what she's trying to say, I started laughing, too.

"What did you got?" I ask her.

"Lumpia," she says.

Now, I'm confused again. This is what this woman always does to me. Either she confuses me, or she makes me float like I'm high on something... sometimes she drives me mad, too.

"I'm glad it can be removed via water and soap. Who the hell would ink a lumpia on her skin?" I say, not knowing if I should laugh or shake my head.

"Me," she says smiling. "And that's the Lumpia I'm talking about," she says and then she pointed at the small junkfood snacks that has a name Lumpia on it.

It even has a drawing of a boy with a huge eyes and he's even wearing a cap.

I look at her ridiculously, but I do really find her adorable. "Oh my God, Mirae. Why would you put that on your skin?" I ask, laughing at her.

God, this woman. Damn it if she ain't going to fuck me in the head.

She looks at me ridiculously, like she can't believe I asked that. "You mean you didn't try putting some of those legendary snacks on your skin as a tattoo when you were a kid?" She asks me, quite flabbergasted.

"No, what the hell?"

"What kind of childhood do you have? What were your toys when you were a kid? Gold bars and diamonds?"

"Ha-Ha. Funny. You're exaggerating," I say.

"Yeah, you're right. But seriously? You didn't try putting a tattoo like those on your skin?" She asks again, pointing towards those legendary snacks— as she calls them.

I shake my head. "How would you even tattoo that on your skin?"

She looks at me for a second and then suddenly, her eyes begins to glimmer with excitement.