alternative ending

(A/N. I got bored. So here ya go.)

Thresh pov

I just got her medicine and was running through the forest. I knew Cato was right behind me. I heard a spear go through the air and turned to see Cato pulling it from his stomach.

"No! She will never forgive me!" I yelled running to him.

He handed me his pack and coughed up some blood.

"Both of you get out of here alive." He told me.

"Cato, she loves you," I told him.

"And I love her. But she doesn't love me like she loves you."

"I will take care of her," I told him.

"Thank you," me gasped out and then his body went limp.

A cannon sounded bringing me to my knees. I let tears fall down as I cried over him. He was right behind me. Had he been anywhere else I would be dead.

I couldnt imagine leaving Jasmine.
I ran back and found her staring at me with fear in her eyes.

"Who died?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry."

Her body rocked with tears. I barely looked at her as I gave her her medicine. I feel bad that shes hurt, I don't want her to hurt.

"Blood. Are you okay?" She asked wiping her tears and observing my hands.

"It isn't my blood," I told her quietly.

"Me and you. We are winning. It's just us and foxface."

"First rest. Let's commit our last act of murder on a few hours of sleep," I said kissing her forehead.

Once she was asleep I went to the stream nearby and washed my hands of Cato's blood. Silent tears fell as I thought of all the people I cared about who died. Okay...so the list is just Rue. But Jasmine cared about Cato, Rue. Peeta. Now they are all dead. And what the fuck did Cato mean by she never loved me the way she loves you? She loved Cato...not me.

I walked back to camp and pulled Jasmines small body into mine. Nothing was going to harm her, not while I was still breathing. The next morning came quickly and we packed up the camp silently.

"Thresh, good luck." She told me as we started to head to the center of the cornucopia.

"You too." I said putting an arm around her.

Behind us we heard a snarl, a growl. Both of our eyes widened and we started to sprint. Once we exited the trees we saw foxface climbing the cornucopia. Both us scrambled to the top of it.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled over the growls.

"So are we!" I yelled and pulled out my crescent sword.

Before I could use it she tackled me to the ground and tried to wrestle it from my. She managed to start pushing the blade to my neck. She's a hell of a lot stronger then anticipated.

"I'm sorry, Finch!" Jasmine yelled and I watched a knife go into her skull and her eyes glazed over.

Her dead body fell off of mine and went down to the hounds bellow.

"Finch?"

"It was her real name. I thought she deserved to hear it," she told me.

I knew every death in this damn arena was going to haunt her like it did me, but we did it. We are getting out together.

"There has been a slight change of rules. There can only be one winner, may the odds be ever in your favor!"

"What the actual fuck! You promised! We want to go home!" Jasmine screamed into the sky as her eyes went to agony.

"It's okay, Jas," I said putting the knife to my chest.

"No!" She said and put a knife to hers, "We either live together or die together."

"On three. One."

"Two."

"Wait! Congratulations to the 74th Hunger Games winners, Jasmine Everdeen and Thresh James!"

"We did it!" She screamed and hugged ne tightly.

"We did it," I agreed.

but one question was left lingering. What now?

(A/N Should I continue you this into a catching fire book? With this ending?)